6 ☼ reminiscing

» A flower can not blossom without sunshine, and a man can not live without love. «

✧ Johnny Orlando ✧

Johnny Orlando

"Hey John, is Kenzie coming tonight?" My Mum asked as she pushed open my door lightly.

"Yeah, she should be." I replied after clearing my thoat.

She smiled back at me. "Great. I'm making her favourite dinner."

"Again?" I laughed, leaning back against the pillows on my bed.

"Of course! I mean, why not?" Mum laughed too.

I rolled my eyes with a playful grin dancing on my lips. "Lets hope your disatrous mac and cheese doesn't scare her off."

My Mother threw the shoe of mine she was holding at me. I barely managed to dodge it, pulling my legs away just in time.

"Child abuse!" I had screamed at her as she walked down the hallway, laughing.

I sigh. This happened three days ago now.

A lot can happen in three days.

I relapsed. My insomnia has returned. Depression has come back to haunt me. My anxiety levels have gone through the roof. And... Mackenzies gone.

The last three days? They've been the worst of my life. Fresh tears roll down my cheeks just thinking about what I've gone through. I lie on the mattress that is still propped up onto our roof, stare unwaveringly up at the stars, and cry. I cry and cry and cry. For I am broken, and there is no one here to fix me anymore.

I haven't attended school. It's hard to when you have fitful sleep thats absolutely riddled with nightmares. It's hard to not snap at your parents, it's hard not to break everything you touch, but it's even harder to rid yourself of the past, rid your mind of everything that used to make you feel happy.

I sigh, reminiscing, and watch my breath form clouds in the cold night air.

The feel of Mackenzies lips against mine, the scent of her perfume, the sound of her laugh. She's permanently in my thoughts. Her clothes are still in my room. She's missing, gone, but I'm irrevocably and irreversibly in love with her.

It's nights like these when I am reminded of what a horrible person I am. I feel caged, stuck, like everyones expectations are weighing me down, pushing me below the surface of normalcy. Why do you deserve happiness? The voice in my head chants, Why you?

I loved her, and in the end, it scared her too much. Scared her so much she couldn't even say goodbye. Couldn't even call.

Aren't I worried? Of course I am. I'm anxious, frantic, skitterish– my eyes can't stop blinking and I can't sit still. The intense feeling of dread is almost tattooed into my bones; it won't disappear. My heart beats rythmically like a drum in my chest.