Emotionless

Copyright © 2014 Alexandra Bree Hurley

Please excuse any wrong spelling or grammar on my part. This is my first story I've ever written and I would love any feedback you give me. Warning there is foul language in here, so read at your own expense. Thanks and hope you enjoy.

Prologue

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I say looking at the most repulsive and massive creature I have ever seen in a my life, as he takes a threatening step towards me. Well he is uglier and bigger than most of the creatures I fight. He looks human to other humans but I can see beneath the bullshit.

He looks like a truck hit him several times and he just popped back up like nothing happened, with open wounds leaking pus and blood. He stares at me with a hungry glare and gives me a full view of his two rows of needle like sharp teeth with a wide grin.

I should be scared, angry or at least irritated, I'm not. I don't feel anything as I look at the creature standing before me. Who looks ready to rip my heart out and eat my soul for dinner. Idiot. I already know how this is going to play out.

Coming back to myself I realize he'd been speaking to me but I only catch the last part of his sentence. Which kind of sounded like "...talk meh lit'le gurl?" Not sure what he means I ask "Can you please repeat that for me again sir. I wasn't listening before."

I watch as his face contorts into barely contained rage. He grounds his teeth together, making weird clicking sounds and manages to spit out "You think you can take me little girl," I look him in the eye and without any hesitation say "Yes."

He launches himself at me but I just step to the side and watch as his face hits the wall that was behind me only mere seconds ago. Regaining his balance and straightening up, he whips around to face me. Obviously most of his victims don't put up much a fight or out wit him.

He glares at me and tries again. I step to the side yet again and he loses his balance and falls to the pavement face first. Shoving himself up with unintelligible words he spins around to look at me again. Realizing he won't be able to take me by brute strength, he stands up straight and smiles at me. "I'm going to have fun ripping you apart, your screams will be like music to my ears." He starts to circle me trying to decide what is the best tactic to take me down.

Done with the whole boring situation, I grab my hidden blade from beneath my black pea-coat and before the creature knows what's going on I disconnect his head from his body and just as quickly he turns to dust like nothing ever happened.

My name is Cora Blackthorn and this is my story.

Chapter 1

"Are you sure your going to be okay on your own Cora?" my mother says looking at me with big round damp eyes. Giving her a small smile, I nod my head "Yes mother. Don't cry please, I'll see you on holidays." Sniffling she says "Okay."

Getting in my car, I start it up and back out of the driveway. She waves at me and I give one last wave of my hand to her, never planning to see her again. I bring my focus back to the task of backing out of the driveway and away from the woman who raised, cared and loved me since I was just a little girl. I feel nothing. No regret, no sadness, no freedom, no emotion whatsoever.

* * *

Eight hours later I'm driving down one of the many roads of London towards the address where my apartment is located. I catch a glimpse of what is going to be my new home for a while. As I get closer, the building comes into focus better and I slow down to take in the building standing before me. It's massive, at least nine stories high and possibly a little more than a half a mile long in each direction. Living in London does have a lot of benefits, like for example nice apartment rooms in the city with cheap rent. Pulling into the parking garage I drive up to the floor that is most recommended for my new flat (or in other words apartment).