Chapter 2: Strengh

He pulled out of the hug and bent down to my height. He wiped my tears away and smiled at me. I gave him a warm smile back.

He reached into his pocket. Before he revealed what was inside he looked to me, his face suddenly went very serious.

"I want you to take this, but I need you to keep it safe." He told me.

I still didn't know what it was but I agreed anyway, for I knew it was important.

He smiled at my response and then pulled a gorgeous necklace from inside his pocket. It had emerald green gems and sapphire blue gems that were carved into smooth spheres that went all around it, but the charm of this necklace was a beautiful opal that stood out amongst the other gems. A nice silver ring was around the opal.

My jaw dropped as Loki hung it around my neck. I quickly grabbed it by the opal that hung down and looked down at the masterpiece. I noticed something carved into the opal. It was the letters, 'SOA.'

"Father? What does this stand for?" I asked but when I looked up Loki was gone.

I sighed and looked over at the mess I had made. I lifted my hand and with one quick motion the chairs returned back to their normal place, same with the table. Everything was back to normal. I wanted to escape, but there was no way. Unless...

I quickly ran to the door and grasped my hand on the doorknob and turned it as quietly as I could. It was unlocked!

A large grin spread across my face, my father had left it unlocked. I slowly opened the door, it made no noise. Not even a creak, as if it dared not to.

I stepped foot out into a wide hallway. I suddenly felt free. I had never seen the world outside, only catching glimpses when people would enter and leave my room.

The hallway had a nice marble flooring and a long red and gold rug that ran down to each end. I noticed many windows in front of me and many other doors next to my room. There was also a balcony that ran over the top with golden railing.

I immediately ran to the windows in front of me and stared out into the world. It was beautiful, I hadn't seen it in years. The sky was a gorgeous pink and orange and the sun was setting over the horizon. I saw many people walking the streets of Asgard in their nice gowns and suits. I had never felt so happy and free.

Suddenly I heard a loud click and the creak of a door being opened. My hearted jolted and I turned to my right where I saw Thor and Fandral enter. They were both talking to each other, and hadn't noticed me yet. I quickly acted. I went down to the corner of the pillar that held the balcony up, just below the window and slid down. Hugging my knees and holding my breath. If I was caught, I was dead.

I heard their footsteps slowly grow louder and louder, the same with their voices. I could almost swear they could've heard my heart beating, it was so loud.

They soon came into my sight. Only feet away from me. Then they stopped. They both turned and looked to their left, they stopped talking. I followed their gaze and my heart immediately sank. I had forgotten to shut my door.

"Oh no..." I heard Thor mutter.

"Where could she of gone?" Fandral asked turning to look at Thor, but then he stopped and his gaze slowly turned to me. He had spotted me from the corner of his eye.

"There she is!" He yelled, pointing to me.

I quickly stood up, with some trouble. Thor turned and faced me. He didn't look very happy.

I immediately bolted for it. I sprinted down the hallway and to the other end where another door was. I immediately grasped around the long door handle and struggled to pull on it.

I could hear Thor and Fandral racing towards me.

"Guards! Guards! Get her!" I hear Thor scream from behind me.

Suddenly the door I was pulling on swung open with mighty force and I was sent falling to the hard marble floor.

Three tall guards in shiny golden armor stood towering over me. I shook my head.

"No! Please!" I screamed, turning around and trying to make a run for it again but tripped over myself and fell flat on my face.

Two of the guards swiftly grabbed me. They pulled me up from the floor. Each of them holding one of my arms. They began to drag me away back to my room. Tears streamed down my pale face. I couldn't take it any longer. I didn't want to be locked up again. I wanted to be free.

I clenched my fists and stiffened my body and screamed again. Tears flowing from my eyes like a river. The walls shook and the guards were sent flying and smacked into the walls. The windows trembled and cracked. Thor and Fandral collapsed and covered their ears.

I quickly was drained of my power and collapsed to my knees. My heart thundered within my chest. My head spun and my vision tilted.

Thor and Fandral uncovered their ears and looked at the damage. They both looked at me, their faces painted with horror.

I grabbed my head to try to keep it from spinning. I looked up at the balcony where I saw Loki standing there, looking down at me and my mess. I saw tears in his eyes, his expression was of pity but was more sadness.

And he was the last thing I saw before I fell over on my face and blackness engulfed me.