Boy Genius

I had once been on a computer for 29 hours straight. 

I'm not kidding.

I don't make jokes.

I'm not really a computer genius. Well I am but i'm not supposed to tell people. 

Last year I graduated from High School. On this date 1/6/12 I am 15 years and 10 months old.  Even though I was so smart that I graduated from school at such a young age, my mother had always called me a freak and a stupid introvert.. It's quite rude. I don't have a Father or any siblings. My mother is 52 and lives a lonely life.

Last year I hacked into the high school security network and got into a kid called Ronald McGuiniess's computer. I took $469 from his bank account. I've always had a thing for hacking. It's like it comes naturally. Maybe from my dad. I guess I'll never find out. Iv'e searched the Internet for traces of my family's last name, Cyprus but there was nothing to be found.

"Reuben!" came a screech from downstairs

It was my mother.

In her regular sour mood.

"What is it?" I replied half-heartily

"I need you here. Come down righ now!"

"OK." I yelled. I slumped back nto my chair

Not wating to make her spaz out. I hid my laptop (my mother didn't know I had it) in The Goblet of Fire, turned my desktop computer off and slid down the banister of the stair case. I'd had a habit of doing that since I was young. My mother tried to stop me but I kept doing it.

I walked into the room. My mother was sitting on the lounge with the curtains shut, lights off and television on blaring at what was probably the highest volume.

"What is it?" I asked, not even bothering to hide the impatience in my voice

"Make me a turkey sandwich, I don't careif you have to buy one from from down the street just do it. Also make it good a salad, maybe some chips. Oh, and clean my room." My mother demanded

"Why? Why can't you do it yourself?"

"I'm not bothered."

"Your acting like a child! Your supposed to be a responsible adult!"

"Your a stupid child! Why would anyone want to look after you-"

"Piss off! I'm not doing anything for you!"

I walked out the door, shutting out her screeching voice.

I ran.

I didn't stop till I reached the nearest payphone and dialled my only friend.

Griffin.

"Griffin Speaking."

"Hi Griffin it's me, Are you home? I need to sleep over."

"Aw yeah I am but I have school tomorrow -"

"So I can?"

"Yeah. But."

"Thanks I'll be there soon."

"OK." he sighed

I hung up and started jogging to the train station. I bought a ticket an jumped on.

Griffin was still at school. He was 16 and in year 11. He was a smart but not a genius. Although, he excepted me for who I was. When I was at school, boys would punch me and girls would call me a freak.

Griffin didn't have parents at all. His older brother (25) took care of him or at least gave him food each day.

The train arrived at my stop. I got out. It was a five minute walk to Griffin's house but the rain was pouring down like bullets. I realised I had barley had any money left. 

So I walked.

By the time I got there I was soaked.

I knocked on Griffin's door and his brother opened it.

"Hi," I said "Is Griffin here?"

"Oh yeah, come in."

I went up to Griffin's room and saw him reading on his bed with the lamp on.

"Hey."

"Oh hi. Whats's wrong." he asked. putting away his book.

"Oh you know my mum chucked a spaz, she trashed the place. The usual."

"Well. It's really late we should head off." He said with a yawn and motioned me with his hnd towards the matress that lay on the ground with a couple of blankets and a pillow.

                                           *************************

Griffin and his brher, Flynn were stil asleep when  I left at 6 am.

I only just had enough money for the train.

When I got home I climbed through the window do of my room to avoid my spastic mtoher.

I was shocked when I discovered the state of my room.

It was trashed.

Everything I owned was gone except for my books, desk and bed. The Goblet of Fire was still there.

Thank god.

I had to find out who had robbed my house.