I picked up the picture of her off my night stand and laid it on my chest as I started to doze off.

*Knock* *Knock*

I was woke from my sleep by someone constantly knocking on my door.

"It's open." I yelled.

"Damn, that's the type of hey yo brother get?"

"Brotherrrrrr!" I hopped out the bed and jumped on him. "Wassup lil sis, what you been up too?"

"Nothing daddy mad I got a 4.7 instead of a 5.0 GPA." " The fuck he mad for? You doing way better than me and him total." I just shook my head. *brother below*

"What time is it?" I asked

"Where yo phone?" "He took it."

"Damn, pops being hard on daddies little girl?"

"Ugh, shut up Calvin."

"Naw for real though sis, he only being hard on you cause he want you to be some in life and not fall in my steps.

Shit I'm 20 and you doing better than me hell.

He gone come off as hard alot but you got to remember he trying to be yo pops and yo mother.

See my momma was there for me but yours passed because she wanted to deliver a beautiful gift from God and he got to live with that for the rest of his life wondering what he could've did to prevent that and saved y'all both but in reality nothing could've changed." he said.

"You right brudah, you staying?"

"Yea, I'm back until after you graduate then back to Atlanta I go." "I love you brother."

"I love you too get some rest."

"You never answered my question."

"😂Aww yeah it's 10:00." he said and closed my door. I love when my brother visits he's like the only person that understands me.

A little about me my name is Naomi Crystal Brown, Crystal is my mother's name she died giving birth to me so I never met her all I have is pictures and things people tell me about her.

I'm 5'9, a senior, and my big brother has a different mom but she always made me feel like I belonged.

My dad's a preacher so he's really strict on the things I can do and wear but oh well. I know he only wants the best for me.

My grandma lives with us she tries to give me a little freedom to hang out and make friends, but my dad always have some to say but anyways. "Here's yo phone baby." My Grammy said.

"How did you get it?"

"I made him give it to me cause Calvin told me everything, I'm proud of you baby." she said as she handed me $100 dollars.