"He's the one who should be heartbroken because he never deserved you." I told her.

"I just feel embarrassed for believing him. Just this last week someone told me they spotted them together and I just carried on speaking to him."

"You should be embarrassed." Vas said. "If anything he should be the one embarrassed."

*****

Later that afternoon before the party I needed to go and get my hair done and got ready at my mum's house. I finished getting ready and made my way over to the house in my own house.

I was wearing a red long dress when slits in the sides and I finished with a mask to cover my face but I took that off straight away.

I made my way in and found Pete waiting at the door.

"Who is this gorgeous girl?" He said and wrapped his arms around me. "You look lovely."

"So do you." I said and the grabbed his hand. "But first I need you to come with me."

"Where are we going?"

"I've got a room for the night and I've got you a present so I need you to come and check it out."

We made our way up there and I found the present in my bags. We sat down on the side of the bed and things were silent as he slowly unwrapped the book.

"What is it?" He asked as he pulled the plain book out.

"Open it and find out."

He opened it all up and found all the pictures that ever took from the start of our relationship. I had also placed notes with some of them and labelled all our momentous occasions.

"Look at that one." He whispered as he found a picture of our first date. " I can remember that like the back of my hand."

"So can I." He said and then wrapped his arm around me. "Thank you so much for this. I can tell how much effort you put into this."

"Really. I was a bit worried that you might think I hadn't spent enough on you. I know I could have spend a lot on you but I just thought...."

"Babe you don't have to explain it to me. This is probably the best thing you could have got me."

"Thank you." I said and gave him a kiss.

"But there is one more thing I would like on this birthday."

"What's that?"

"I want a girlfriend and I think you suit the job." He joked. "But seriously these last few weeks have opened my eyes and I know that I want to be with you. I promise I'll so everything in my power to make this work and I hope you'll be able to see that. So Lace will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course I will."

****

We made our way back down the stairs holding hands and found his group in the side room. The group had expanded a bit and Amber and Dan were there with Arg and some other guys.

"Where have you two been?" Lockie asked.

"Just having a bit of time on our own." He said and wrapped his arms around me. "You should probably know though that I asked Lace to be my girlfriend."

"Congratulations." Arg said and wrapped his arm around me. "Just know though that I'm always here for when Pete drives you mad."

"Thanks, he tends to do that a lot."

"Got anything to say?" Pete asked Amber.

"No I hope everything goes well between you both." She said. "But I think I'm going to go and get a drink."

"Whey to making that awkward." I told him. "But I'm glad she didn't try to make an argument. Hopefully this could be a turning point"

"I wouldn't get that optimistic babe." He said and wrapped his arm around me. "But we can all live in hope."

****

It was nearing the end of the night and I made my way over to Georgia and Tommy.

"Don't you two look dashing tonight." I told them and gave them both a hug. "So are you two both happy again?"

"Yeah I've realised that I don't have to know where I'm going right now and it's okay to cry."

"I'm glad you're alright and I think you two will be absolutely fine. You two are the complete package."

"I've come to realise that work is work and my relationship is my life so I need to make that work." Tommy said. "And you're family so I'll always have time for you."

"Thank you." I told him. "Anyway I have some news for you. Pete asked me to be his girlfriend tonight and I said yes."

"That's brilliant." Georgia said. "You've come so far in the past year and I'm proud of you."

"Thank you. It feels weird to know that this time last year I was partying in Ibiza and now I'm here and settling down. This is the life that I've always wanted though and now I realise that."

*****

The night was finished and I made my way outside to find Pete stood on his own looking out.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked and wrapped my arms around him from behind. "It's cold out here."

"Thank you." He whispered.

"What for?" I said and went in front of him.

"For everything. You've changed my life and I've got my best friend back now and I've got a girlfriend."

"Thank you for being there for me." I said and gave him a kiss. "Come on let's get home."

****Author's Note****

I hope you like this chapter.

Vote and comment any suggestions.

Xx