The Aftermath of Corruption

It happened as it always did

It happened as it always did. Dazai promised Chuuya he’d be there, and he never was. Chuuya had just used corruption against the fight with Lovecraft, and Dazai promised he’d make sure Chuuya got back to base. But instead the bandaged bastard just folded up his coat and sat it next to him with his hat on top. When Chuuya finally did come around Dazai was gone. Big surprise Chuuya thought sarcastically. Chuuya pushed himself up to the best of his ability, grabbed his belongs and started slowly making his way back to base. Chuuya held his stomach as he walked through the rubble from the after math of Corruption. Chuuya made it a good distance out of the forest until he felt his stomach getting queasy. Chuuya huffed tiredly and sickly. 

“Ugh. Not now… Please not now…” Chuuya breathed in and out slowly as he tried to get his stomach to settle but it was in vain as he threw up moments later onto the ground. Chuuya wiped his mouth and huffed as he continued walking, but it was all becoming too much. Chuuya fell to the ground and he felt himself passing back out, but before succumbing to darkness; Chuuya saw a black silhouette. 

♧ 

Dazai looked around and sighed as he no longer saw the ginger where he had left him. Dazai wanted to keep his promise to Chuuya. Dazai always was the one to comfort Chuuya after the use of corruption and of course he couldn’t just leave him here in this state. Dazai thought maybe Chuuya just got up and started walking back to base, and if that was the case then he didn’t make it that far. Dazai knows he hasn’t seen Chuuya in four years since he betrayed the mafia, and well the drunken night of hot sex a few weeks ago, but was it really that bad seeing each other all over again? Dazai shook the thoughts off as he didn’t want to ponder on it too much and he followed the heavy foot prints Chuuya left behind. 

“Chuuya?!” Dazai called out. Dazai groaned in disgust when he had stepped in recently thrown up vomit. It couldn’t have been anyone but Chuuya and Dazai knew it. This is when panic set in.  

“Chuuya, come on. This isn’t funny. Please come out.” 

But there was no answer. Dazai settled for calling Chuuya. The detective opened up his phone and went to the contact that said Slug, and he pressed the call button. Dazai put the phone up to his ear, and the phone rung and rung and rung but it went straight to voicemail. Dazai realized wherever Chuuya was it wasn’t here. Dazai decided to text Chuuya instead. 

00:00 

Mackerel to Slug : Hey Chuuya , it’s Dazai. Please text me back and tell me you’re okay. I came back for you but you weren’t here. If I don’t hear from you by tomorrow I am coming over. Text me soon. 

-Dazai O. 

♧ 

Chuuya groaned as he slowly moved to sit up. Chuuya sat up as slowly and gently as he could, and he opened his eyes blinking a few times and trying to get a grip on his surroundings. Chuuya looked around the room, and the bed he was in, and quickly realized it wasn’t his own place. The last thing Chuuya remembered clearly was trying to walk back to base, and other than that everything else was a complete blur. Chuuya was pulled from his thoughts when he saw something coming out of the shadows. Chuuya turned around quickly in the bed, blade in hand, ready to stab the intruder but the intruder grabbed his blade with his bare hand, letting the blade cut him.