Chapter 1: Locked Away

I sat on a soft love seat with golden cushions and shiny silver lining. I rested my elbow on the arms of the chair with my head leaning on my hand. I waited impatiently for my breakfast.

I was in a small room with only two love seats, a golden rug, smooth marble flooring and gold walls. There were no windows and the only light came from a silver chandelier above me.

That was where I lived technically. I was locked in the room for most of the day, with only the company of my father when he came. He only came probably once a day.

I questioned myself everyday. Why am I locked up? What did I do? Why am I a secret? I hated it.

After a few long minutes, at least what it felt like, the door opened with a loud clank. Thor walked in. His hammer in one hand and a plate of food in the other. He smiled at me.

I quickly stood up and walked to him and grabbed the plate from his one hand. He shut the door behind him and say in the seat. I sat in the other and began eating the small plate of food he'd brought.

"How's your day been?" He asked me with his low deep voice.

I glared at him, "What do you think." I then took a large bite of a chicken leg from the plate.

Thor frowned, "I'm sorry to hear that, Lorri. Is there anything I may do?"

I nodded, "Ya there actually is! Get me out of this stupid room!" I yelled throwing the chicken on the floor in anger.

Thor sighed as he watched the chicken bounce to the marble floor, "Except that."

I'd had enough of this crap. For years and years no one had told me anything about the reason for being locked up. I stood up quickly and threatened Thor with my fist.

"Why!? Why am I locked up! No one has told me a single word! It makes no sense why I have to be hidden!" I screamed at Thor, finally able to let my anger out of someone but the wall.

Thor stood up, "Lorri! Stop!"

I shook my head, "No! I have all the right to be ticked off, okay!? You've locked me up! You've lied to me! You've left me in here for no reason!" I yelled, counting off my reason on my fingers.

"Lorri, I know you've been through," Thor paused, "A lot, but I need you to listen. This is for Asgard."

I threw my hands up in the air and turned my back on him, "Oh! For Asgard!? Well I haven't even seen Asgard with my own two eyes! So why should a care a little bit for it if I can't see it!"

Thor paused and glared at me. Without any words he quickly left the room slamming the door loudly behind him.

I clenched my fists tightly and my face turned red. I thrusted my arms down with great power and screamed. A great surge of power came from my hands and the two chairs were sent flying off the ground and into the air where they collapsed and broke on the hard ground and the chandelier shook violently above me.

I covered my face and dropped to the floor and cried. I pulled my knees to my face and hid my head between them. My heart sank to the pit of my stomach as I cried.

I indeed had the same great powers as my father, but I struggled to use them, for I hadn't been able to practice them much but when I felt angry or sad they always seemed to come in with great use. I just wished I could harness them, but I was able to do simple illusions.

I could hear heavy footsteps racing towards my room. I quickly uncovered my face and placed an illusion over the room. I placed my illusion self in standing next to the fixed illusion chairs, everything looked normal. I hid my real self with my magic before the door to my room swung open. My father, Loki, stood there his arms crossed. He didn't look very happy.

"Lorri." He said in a deep growl, "Reveal yourself."

I hesitated for awhile, "Lorri, now." Loki growled again, taking a step forwards and closing the door behind him.

I hesitated again but this time I actually revealed myself. My clone disappeared and the chairs returned to their broken and toppled over state. I looked up at him from on the floor. My eyes red from crying and tears still in my eyes.

I grabbed the piece of chicken from before that laid next to me and threw it at my father. It hit him in the chest and thumped to the ground. He was real.

He looked down at it and then back up at me. I smiled slightly. He rarely visited me in person.

I slowly stood up and moved my hair from in front of my face.

"Father..." I began stepping towards him. He lifted a hand, motioning me to stop speaking.

"Lorri." He began instead, "What's this?" He motioned to the mess.

I hung down my head in sorrow, "I'm sorry. I lost my temper again." I said quietly.

I could feel Loki put his hand on my shoulder and lifted my head up with his other hand.

"I understand my Lorri." He told me softly, "I know the hate and anger you feel. I feel it everyday, I wish I could free you from your misery, but I can't."

"Why, father?" I asked with tears gathering in my eyes again.

Loki sighed, "I cannot say, but I will free you my child. I promise."

He then pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly. He hadn't embraced me for years. I let my tears flow as I hugged him back. My hatred suddenly disappeared.