Chapter 6

So I had a concussion. Luckily I didn't fall asleep or it would have turned into a coma. I don't want that, that's for sure. I have A bunch of games I need to do. Probably will be on the bench though for quite a few of them now. Drat. I'm the team's best player.

So yeah, that was my first encounter with Spider-Man. A concussion in the head. Whoop whoop. Then again, I was apart of a foiled robbery and kidnapping, which is pretty cool.

Okay, okay, I'll continue.

Since I stayed in the hospital for a day and night, I missed school. Two days of it actually. So Flash came to my house that weekend to help me catch up. We're both pretty geeky sometimes when it comes to school. He's an A grade student, me, I'm a little more so. A+ plus. Lowest grade I've ever gotten was a B+.

Mom says I get my smarts from Dad. He's doesn't like to admit to it though. He keeps saying all the time that mom is the smarter one. Mom would just laugh it off.

While Flash and I were working on some algebra, we were listening to some music. Flipping through song after song.

Flash and I really can't listen all the way through a song sometimes, we try to get to the bridge before switching because songs just repeat after that.

"So you wnat to play with magic?

Well, you should know what you're falling for.

Baby, Do you dare to do this?

Cause' I'm coming at you like a dark horse.

Are you ready for, ready for

The perfect storm, perfect storm?

Cause' once you're mine, once you're mine,

Baby, there's no going back..."

"Okay next!!" Flash sung and pressed skip on his phone.

"I'm rateoactive! Rateoactive!

I feel it in my bones,

Enough to make my systems blow,

Welcome to the new age,

To the new age,

To the new age,

The new age!"

"Next." I say and grab his phone.

"Hey!" He tries to take it back but I turn around so he couldn't reach it and then press skip.

"In the chill, of night,

At the scene of a crime,

Like a streak of light,

He arrives, just in time.

Spider-man, spider-man,

Friendly neighborhood spiderman,

Wealth and fame, he's ignored

Action is his reward

Look out!

Here comes the Spider-Man!"

I started laughing. "What?" Flash asked me.

"You seriously have this song?"

"It's the Michael Bublè version!"

"Since when did you like Michael Bublè?" I chuckled.

"I don't! That's my mom's playlist!"

"Oh, really?" I cocked an eyebrow in his direction and looked through the playlist titled: Flash's Stuff. "Geez, how many of his albums do you have?" I said scrolling trough the many albums.

"Those aren't mine!"

"Uh-huh. In the playlist titled 'Flash's Stuff'?" I laughed again.

"I have my secrets. You have your's. You now know I listen to Michael Bublè! Congratulations!" He said in a sarcastic tone. "Speaking of secrets, care to tell me about that girl on the newspaper from Wednesday?"

I groaned, "Fine. I'll tell you. What do you want to know about her?"

"Well for starters, her name." He said.

"Her name is Alexa Storm."

"Why does that name sound familiar?"

"She's the sibling to the Human Torch and the Invisible Woman. Sue and Johnny Storm."

"Whoa, awesome. Torch is super cool and Invisible Woman is hot." I chuckle at his reply. "What? She is!" I shake my head.

"You're hilarious."

"Ha-ha. You're the one crushing on her little sister."

"Point taken."

He chuckled a bit before speaking again. "Okay, why exactly are you crushing on her?"

"Well... A: she's cute... But that's not just why! I used to go to school with her... She's a sweet spunky girl and she's not like any other girl I've met."

"Okay... Then why are you stalking her? Can't you just call her? Ask her out?"

"That's the thing though! Ever since the accident they had in space, Her older sister has tried to keep her away from the limelight and the reported and stuff... I can't just go up to her. she's always hidden..."

"But she was in the paper..."

"She tries to get in it without her sister knowing."

"Wow... Protective much?"

"Yeah I know right?" I sighed. Alexa was the most amazing girl I've ever met. Meeting her in 1st grade was the best. Of course I never had thought if her as a girlfriend at that age. We'd cringe at the thought of 'love' and just go back to roleplaying as Avengers. We were really close buds, nothing more, nothing less.

"Boys!" My mom called, "Time for dinner!"

"Yes!" Flash cheered, "did she make meatloaf?" He asked me.

Taking a deep breath through the nose, I sniffed the air, searching for the familiar smell of mom's famous meatloaf. Ignoring my sweaty gym bag, baby Ben's changing table, and May's perfumed room, I found it. The delicious smell of hamburger meat, ketchup, and mashed potatoes came from the kitchen.

"Oh dude... She did." I smiled and got up from the floor and ran downstairs to get some of that succulent food in my stomach. Flash and I laughed as we reached downstairs where my mom and baby bro were sitting down already at the table. I looked at the table. Yup. I was right. Meatloaf.

I licked my lips and took a seat next I ben and poked his cheek. "Hey Benny! Momma make meatloaf?" He gurgled in delight. "Prepare to be amazed by this delicacy that will take your taste buds on an adventure of deliciousness!" I said using lots of dramatic pauses, voice changes and hand motions. Ben giggled and clapped his hands together.

"A-rin! A-rin!" He tried saying my name and this made me smiled brightly. I bopped his nose and then turned to mom.

"Okay. Let's eat!"