Mr.Johnson began to count the waiters in the room, his lips moving silently. It was only then did I recognise the person before me.

Long, mid-waist, brown hair that was swooped into a messy ponytail. Small ears that peeked silently from the brown locks that curled around them. Alison Williams.

A girl who stood near her, nudged her. She too had brown hair.

"If it's BTS, I am going to freak."the girl squealed.

[ALL MY LADIES WHO LOVE BTS PUT YOUR HANDS UP]

I could practically hear Alison rolling her eyes, a quiet snort leaving her lips as she elbowed her friend in the ribs as Mr.Johnson began to near us. The man would flip at the sound of whispering and I was sure he wouldn't appreciate the girl's small celebration at the news of the mysterious boy band.

"Mr.Johnson."the girl piped up meekly as he stood before us. Oh God.

"Yes?"he snapped, his gaze swivelling onto her as he pointed at two boys and gestured towards the small huddle of sulking cleaners.

"Would you have any idea of what the name of the boy band is?"

Mr.Johnson glared at her, a fierce expression displayed on his aged features.

"We are having very important guests Miss Hemsworth, this is not the time to fangirl. I'm sure you already knew that however, so this is only a friendly warning. Just remember that I will be keeping a very close eye on you."

She nodded, and Mr.Johnson jerked his hand at a pale boy with straw coloured hair,"Miss Hemsworth and Mr Roberts."

The girl scowled at his turned back, and smiled sadly at Alison. I was distinctly reminded of being put into groups in primary school and how everyone would scoot closer to their friends in hope that they would be in the same group.

"You two."he added, nodding at Alison and I, offering me a thin smile.

A sharp of intake of breath tumbled out of my lips as Alison began turn, her brown hair hissing at her shoulders.

Her eyes were still that same colour of deep brown, speckled with tinges of hazel. She was still as beautiful as when I had last set my eyes on her.

"Hey."I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck.

She pursued her lips, looking away. I sighed, disappointment lining my voice.

"Alison."I reached out and she took a step back and I was sure my expression flooded with hurt,"I just want to say I'm really sorry about what happened."

She stayed silent. Did this mean that she was going to allow me to talk?

"But I think our separation was for the best."I added, hastily.

I didn't want to give her any ideas or shimmers of hope. As much as I wanted to become friends again, I was sure that my heart wasn't ready for such thing and I was far from moving on from her. I needed a suitable distraction and even though my music had been a great advantage it wasn't adequate.

Her face fell and a flicker of anger reflected against her eyes.

"You think I care?"

I recoiled slightly from her venomous glare. It was as if a poisonous snake had latched its fang into me, it's teeth sinking deeper with every words.

My voice cracked as I spoke,"Right."

She threw me a disgusted look over her shoulder as she made her way to the back of the hall. With a heavy heart I followed her to the stack of mops and boxes of detergent where other waiters were clustered around, their nose crinkled as they pulled on much too large gloves.

"Here."Alison muttered, shoving a broom and a pair of gloves into my chest with such force that I stumbled back.

She turned away to collect her own broom and gloves and I winced, rubbing my chest with the heel of my palm. She could shove hard, I had to give her that. I did deserve that, I guess.

"So um.."I mumbled, running a hand through my hair as she stubbornly kept her eyes trained on my neck,"Where do we start?"

She jerked her head sharply to the left, and I followed with hesitant steps, afraid that she would lash out. We made our way to the ladies restroom, to which both Alison and I crinkled our noses in disgust at.

"Worst day ever."she muttered.

I gritted my teeth in the layered meaning of her words. She despised being with me and cleaning toilets. I was only extra baggage that she would have to deal with for the next few hours.

And that's how we went for the next two hours. Silence. She ignored me, and I made no move to start a conversation. I wanted to speak to her. To at least hear her gentle voice once again, even if it were to just throw insults at me. But I knew that wasn't a good idea. It would only spark my interest for her.

"Could you pass me that?"she snapped, pointing to the bottle of glass cleaner.

I sighed under my breath, grasping the bottle and passing it to her. My breath hitched as our fingers brushed against each other, but Alison seemed to be completely oblivious to my reaction and began to squirt the liquid over the mirrors, occasionally grimacing at the smudged lip stick.

I had to do it.

Now.

This wasn't going to help me.
Ignoring her. Pretending that I didn't love her.

It wouldn't get me anywhere. I had to do it. I had to do it now.

I sucked in a large breath, feeling my palms immediately becoming clammy. Alison quirked an eyebrow at me, obviously sensing the change of tension that coated the air between us. Whether we liked it or not, our friendship had reached a level until we could read each other's mind. She knew I was going to speak.

"Alison?"

Her eyes softened as she turned, however the same irritated expression stayed on,"Yeah?"

"I..I uh."I fumbled, reaching hopelessly for the right words to express my deepest feelings for the woman before me.

[I'm literally thinking of the video of Imagine V Confessing. Jimin and J-Hope in the background where hilarious af]

Her eyebrows furrowed lightly as I closed my mouth and opened it, but not releasing any words other than a strangled cry.

Her concerned voice pulled me out of my trance,"Hey? You alright? Do you want any water or something?"

I cleared my throat, shaking my head sheepishly,"No, I'm good."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Her concern for my wellbeing was heart warming and I mentally cursed at myself for making such a fool of myself in front of her. What was I? I couldn't even confess. God, I was so embarrassing. No wonder she didn't want me. Who would want a man who couldn't even tell a girl that he loved her? No one.

A heavy silence blanketed the area, as Alison stared at me, worry etched on her expression.

"So what were you gunna tell me?"

I waved a careless hand, rubbing my throat for extra measure,"Never mind."

She looked slightly doubtful but I was thankful that she brushed it off, throwing me another look.

"Alright then."

_______________________________________________________

Ayyye so close! Luke was gonna do it!

QUESTION: Vkook or Vmin?
Answer: Hmm, well that's kinda hard since both of them are adorable but I see V and Jimin as friends. V and Jungkook however.... VKOOK BITCHES