Potion #1-How to Make a Basic Love Potion

Chapter 1 by @soulskye; edited by @JadeJusticeJewel13

Holly POV

"Come on!" I pleaded with all my heart as I watched the last drop stubbornly move around the bottle. This large bottle was a love potion, a spell that was as beautiful as it was deadly. It was poisonous, unless diluted. With your own blood. The more blood, the more potent. I clicked my heels together, the ones that I had received from my boyfriend as a gift last winter.The drop wasn't able to get out of the bottle.

If I missed today's portion for them my popularity was over. Just like that. This potion was the reason for my being. I couldn't live without it. The bottle was a gift from my great grandmother. I didn't know what to do once there was no more left. Except for one thing....

My last resort.... I went over to the only girls that wouldn't applaud me when I came unto the room, one of them a supposed witch. I am pretty sure she is. Once I started being nice and popular after spreading the potion in the food at the cafe, something she and her friend ate that day, she was the only one who didn't change.

Her friend didn't either, but I saw that girl adding something in her water when she wasn't looking. Must've been to stop the potion from working.

Ai Arashi, the supposed witch. She could usually be seen with her friend, Marie Anne. Marie, actually. The girl was a french doll, petite with golden hair and enviable green eyes. Ai was japanese, also petite with pale skin, wide gray eyes and black hair. Neither of them wore makeup, but attracted attention with just one word.

They rarely talked, even to each other. Their eyes were all that were needed. One glance was all it took to deliver an entire speech.

"Holly Grene, what are you doing here?" Marie's voice was beautiful, yet firm. It was light and crisp with a tone to it that made you hang on to every word. It had a melodious and high pitched tone to it.

She was beautiful. More than last time I had saw her. She looked like a princess straight out of a fairytale book. Her face was just so pleasantly proportioned and she looked good in anything, though she always chose to wear shirts cut maybe an inch above her pants and jeans. She was rather sporty, and she was the youngest in our grade, at only age thirteen. She was turning fourteen in a few days, and Ai had turned fifteen before quite a few of us, a few months ago.

"I was looking for someone. Ai. I wish to speak to her about something." I tap my hands nervously on my new skirt, waiting to see if I would be accepted into this princess's tower. Everyone was staring at me in awe and jealousy.

"Yes, Holly?" Ai appeared herself. She was under the desk, with her signature cloak. Her face was able to see, with the same features that I had always wanted. A thin face, big eyes, a keen nose, and a small mouth. Her hair was pitch black, cut short, except for one small section, which went down to her knees. It was always changing, her hairstyle, but it always stayed short.

Her eyes were gray. I never liked gray. I liked white, the color of good, and disliked black, the color of evil. The two mixed was gray, and evil and good should never mix. Her eyes showed that she wasn't white like the rest of the world. There was something other than that.... something... black.

I gulped as I was lead to a room and words were spoken to me, words that would change my life.

"What do you desire?"

Ai stared at me, as if she would know if I was lying. As if.... She already knew the answer.

"I... Want a love potion. One just like," I looked into my purse, a beautiful olive green, personalized. I wonder why they don't just make everything olive green. It's so amazing! "This one!" I gave her the container, an old glass bottle, one that was once a beer bottle.