Chapter 19

I fished money out of my purse and went to give it to the taxi driver. "No love, it's already been payed for." He raised his hands up in surrendering position, before placing them back on the wheel. 

"Oh," I said, realising that Tristan must have pre-payed. "Thank you." I smiled before following Grace, Lacey and Mary out of the car. They all said thank you before I shut the door, turning to face them.

The sky was now a very dark blue, verging on black, and stars were starting to appear, dotting the sky with white orbs. My arms folded as the cold of the early night hit me. "Do you know where we go from here?" Grace asked, as she rubbed her hands together in a desperate act to keep warm. 

"I'm guessing it's that one." Mary said, as the rest of us turned to the direction that her raised arm was pointing to. Gasps were audible, as the view in front of us was incredible. A driveway with boarders of dampening green grass was a few metres in front of us, that lead up to a huge double front door. There were trees in the front garden, marking the edges of the driveway, and they were still in the cool breeze.

"Well," I began, taking a look at the other girls faces, "what are we waiting for?" Three pairs of eyes looked into mine, a mixture of excitement and nervousness visible in every one. I smiled encouragingly, desperately trying to summon the courage inside of me to come to life with the expression. Thankfully, they all smiled back, and started to walk towards the driveway.

I turned to fall into their pace, and before we knew it we were walking in a line up the driveway. Music began to become audible, as well as excited screams and shouts from inside. This put a skip in Grace's step, and a huge smile on Lacey's face, as they picked up their pace to the front door.

I gave Mary a smile, and to my relief she smiled back, looping her arm through mine. "Thank you for this." She whispered into my ear, the warmth of her breath making me realise just how cold I was beginning to get. 

We caught up to Lacey and Grace, who were waiting at the door. "Ready?" Lacey asked, practically pouncing at the door handle. 

I gave a nod, straightening my dress out and taking a deep breath. I looked back up to see the front door wide open. People crowded the bottom of the staircase that began directly in front of the door, laughing and holding cups, sharing general conversation and dancing. The music was bearably loud, playing all of the most recent chart toppers and club tunes.

I heard Mary close the door behind us, giving a satisfying click. 

"Hello, your names please?" A big built man dressed all in black stood in front of us, looking down intimidatingly and waiting for our answer.

"Alice." I said defiantly, sounding more confident than I actually was. I held my hands behind me, trying to hide their shaking from the body guard in front of us. "Alice Farrow."

The man narrowed his eyes as he scanned the paper in his hands. After a few moments, that began feeling like forever, he looked back at us and gave an unconvincing smile. "OK, you're good to go in." Thank God, I thought, as I looked behind me to motion the girls in. "Have a good night." The man continued, and I turned to nod as a thank you.

"Few! I thought we weren't going to get in!" Said Lacey, theatrically wiping non-existent sweat from her forehead.

"But, now that we are," Grace began, giving us all suggestive looks, "where's the alcohol and lads?" Mary slapped her arm, reminding us all that Grace wasn't one to handle her drink very well.

"Well look, I'm gonna go with Grace to find some drinks, and we'll bring something back for you guys yeah?"

"Sure." I smiled to Lacey, watching them begin to make their way through the huge hoards of people.

"Sooooo," Mary said, "where are the guys?" Her eyes were scanning the faces around us, and she turned her head now and again to get a better look. 

"I have no idea!" I found I had to shout to be heard over the music, as I had to repeat myself twice before Mary understood me.

"I need a wee. I'm just going to go ask someone where the toilets are, stay right here so I know where to find you yeah?"

I nodded, and for the second time this evening watched one of my friends get englufed by the crowds of teenagers around me. I sighed and looked around me, leaning against the wall of the houses front room. Girls with short skirts and crop tops were dancing with their friends, occasionally glancing at a group of boys that were eagerly watching their every move.

There was a couple sat on the sofa, taking sips from their drinks and laughing with eachother, kissing and having costant touch all the time. A mixed group were next to the TV, a few holding anothers hand and some making out. I cringed at the sight and decided it best to text Tristan to see where he was.

I took out my phone, to see that I had three new texts; two from Tristan and one from Lacey. I opened the one from Lacey first.

hey gracey got distracted by a fella by the punch bowl, i'm gunna stay with her for now and we'll come find ya later? love yaaaa xxx 

A smile etched itself onto my face; that was so typical of Grace. I typed this thought out to Lacey and told her that I'd be in contact soon. Then it was time for Tristan's.

you here yet? Xx

the guys are desperate to meet you, hurry upppp! Xx 

Crap. I was interrupted from typing my reply by a hand placing itself beside my head, against the wall that my body was leaned against. I looked up, into the eyes of Tris. I realised that his eyes were smiling, though his lips were not, and that made my heart skip a beat. He looked so attractive with a serious look across his face.

He leaned into my neck, his stubble tickling the skin there, two words escaping his mouth; "Hey, you." This was followed by a delicate kiss, onto the patch that he had just spoken onto, that was then copied and placed onto my cheek. "You took your time."

I smiled, holding onto the material of his grey t-shirt. "We're only half an hour late.."

Tristan removed his hand from the wall and placed it onto the small of my back, shortly joined by the other one, until I was closer to him than I had ever been before. My fingers left the shirt they were fiddling with before and my arms hung stiffly by my sides. The realisation that I had no experience in this area became apparent, as did my embarassment as my cheeks burned red.

Tristan simply laughed, not mockingly, but understandingly. He lifted by arms and placed them over his shoulders, before puting his back to where they were before.

His smile faded, however, as he continued to gaze into my eyes. It was then that I noticed how fair his skin was, only slightly darker than my own. I noticed how his eyes gleamed a bright blue, even in the dark party lights, and they were nicely complimented by his blonde eyelashes. He leaned in towards me, closing the gap between our faces.

I did what only felt right to do, and closed my eyes. Tristans lips met mine, igniting a feeling that I'd never had before. As if it were instinct, my lips moved with his, automatically knowing what to do when I didn't think I could. Our breaths and lips became one as we stood there, my hands in his hair and his wandering up and down my back.

My mind went blank, and only the sweet sensations of lust mattered. Not the crowds of people, not the pounding music or drunk dancing teens, only us.

As his lips finally left mine, my eyes opened, and the music became audible to me once again. My eyes resumed their place on Tristan's, my mind trying to wrap itself around what had just happened.  He lowered his head so that his forehead rested against mine, before whispering something that only I could hear; "Some people are worth waiting for."

I smiled, causing him to smile too, and he kissed my forehead lightly before standing beside me. He wrapped his arm around my waist, walking me towards the staircase. As he fist-bumped what I can only assume was a friend, a warm fuzzy feeling of pride overcame me.

As we began up the stairway, his arm moved and his hand clasped onto mine, leading me upwards. "So," he asked, a gleam in his eye, "ready to meet the guys?"