Chapter Twenty Seven

Kellin POV

"Woah! Easy there, killer," Vic laughed. The sound of it made my heart warm.

It's been a few weeks since we've made up, and everything was going great. Vic's family accepted me into their home again, and I'm pretty sure Mike was more happy about Vic and I getting back together than we were.

"Don't make fun of me! This is my first time ever using crutches," I pouted. I saw the pain in his eyes and I knew that he was blaming himself again, but he smiled.

"Kellin, you have to be careful. You just got the cast off of your arm three days ago."

"Three whole days, Vic! Seventy-two hours," I emphasized. He chuckled once again, shaking his head at me fondly.

"Maybe I should save this for another day," he said thoughtfully.

My curiousity sparked. "Save what? What are you trying to keep from me?"

He chuckled, raising a brow at me. "I think I will wait another week or so," he said teasingly.

"Vic, I swear to God-" I started.

"Calm yourself, I'm kidding," Vic interrupted. "I'm going to take you on a date tonight, so if you have any plans, cancel them."

I raised a brow at him. "Um, rude. What if I was attending a family reunion or something?"

Vic smirked at me. "You hate your family, Kellin."

"I could still attend," I said stubbornly.

"You wouldn't. You would be calling and pleading with me nonstop to come up with an excuse for you so you wouldn't have to go."

"You know what? Shut up. No one asked you."

Vic laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my nose. "Everyone asked me."

"I genuinely hate you."

"You genuinely love me."

We glared playfully at each other for a long time before I gave in, laughing. "Okay, okay fine. I'll quit being difficult."

"Thank you," Vic sighed. "Now, here's how this is going to go down. I'm going to go set up our date and make sure it's perfect while you stay at home and relax."

"What should I wear for our date?" I asked, feeling anxious. I didn't like when he didn't tell me what we were doing for our dates-it made me feel like I was going to show up wearing the wrong thing.

"Whatever's comfortable," he smiled. "Sweats, if you want. It's nothing fancy, honestly."

My shoulders sagged in relief. "Okay."

He smiled, pressing his lips to mine quickly. "C'mon, let's get you home so I can start setting up."

As he helped me home, I bothered him about our date.

"Not even one hint?"

"No, Kellin," he sang, opening my front door. I barely got a chance to say goodbye(or bother him some more) before he was gone.

I smiled to myself, closing the door and going into my room. Might as well do as he said and relax, right?

~

There was a knock on my bedroom door and my eyes shot open, my pulse picking up. I realized that I was safe, in my room, and that I had just fallen asleep. I took a deep breath, clearing my mind and making my heart go back to normal.

"Come in," I called out.

The door opened, revealing Vic. He wore a smile on his face, dressed in basically his pajamas. When he saw that he woke me up though, he frowned.

"Do you want to take a raincheck? You should get some sleep," he said sweetly, stepping into my room.

"No," I said quickly. "I just fell asleep on accident. I still want to go."

"Are you sure?" he asked in a concerned voice as he helped me sit up. I smiled at him, grabbing my crutches.

"I'm sure. Now let's go."

He smiled, kissing me on the cheek before leading me out of my room.

We took his car, and after ten minutes of guessing of where we were going to go, I gave up and began begging to know.

We were passing the usual places that you would, you know, go to on a date, so I was growing more and more confused.

"Where the hell are we going?" I finally demanded. He sighed, shaking his head.

"This is why I can never do anything as a surprise for you, Kellin. You bother me until I tell you."

"Yeah, well, you signed up for this when we started dating."

"You're more irritable than usual, you know that?"

I narrowed my eyes at him and opened my mouth to shoot something back at him before he stopped the car, smiling happily.

"We're here!"

"Vic, we are in a forest."

"Yes, but look at what I set up in said forest."

I opened my mouth to complain at him some more as my eyes wandered, but my mouth just hung open. I really had nothing to say.

There were Christmas lights hanging on the tree branches(but seriously, Christmas lights) and soft music playing quietly in the background. If I strained to hear it, it sounded a lot like those cheesy love songs you hear on the pop station.

There were blankets set down and a picnic basket, and I smiled. Vic was sweet. Really really sweet.

"Did you really do all this for me?" I whispered. Vic wrapped his arms around my waist, and I could practically hear him smiling.

"Of course I did. I love you."

"I love you too. But right now I'm really hungry. So give me food."

He laughed, helping me over to the blankets and helping me sit down. We sat and ate for awhile, talking and laughing and just being happy together. It was nice.

We slowly settled down into a comfortable silence, just eating and occasionally meeting eyes. He cleared his throat after a moment and started to look nervous, so naturally I asked him what was wrong.

"Uhm, just...I don't know how you're going to respond to this after everything that's happened, but hear me out, okay?"

"Okay..." I answered, anxiety flaring up in my veins.

He pulled a ring out of his pocket. "Okay. So this isn't what it looks like, I promise. It's uhm...a promise ring? Like, if you accept it, you accept my promise that I'm not going to leave you and I'll stick around as long as you want me. So...yeah."

I smiled at his awkwardness, leaning forward and kissing his cheek. "I accept that awkwardly stated promise, Vic Fuentes."

He smiled big, looking relieved. "Oh, man, I'm glad. I was really scared that you weren't gonna accept because of everything that's happened."

I let him slip the ring on my finger, knowing that I was going to get a chain to put it on later, and smiled. "Vic, that's in the past. You have to move forward."

He smiled back and kissed me gently. "I love you. And I'm glad you're mine."

"I love you too. I'm glad you're mine."

~~~~~~

A/N AYY LMAO BET YOU FORGOT ABOUT ME

okay so this chapter is super shitty and it's because i don't ship this anymore i don't feel writing anymore bc i'm pretty shitty at it and i tried to make this long but again just not feeling it i think once i finish the frerard fic i'm writing that i'll be done with writing for good yeah

this was the last chapter i'm sorry so so so sorry but ily all thanks for sticking with this shit okay b ye

(there's probably a lot of mistakes s o r r y )