Thoughts From The Past

Comincia dall'inizio

She wipes her eyes, even though there are no tears on her face and sighs. "I want to get away from here. The gems are too mean, too strict, I can't stand them anymore."

I give her a sympathetic look, understanding her completely.

"I understand, but surely there's a gem who isn't as bad."

She only shakes her head. "No, not a single one."

I sigh, smoothing my dress. I can tell she will be an important gem one day, something about her just screams that to me. I can't let her try to stand Homeworld by herself.

"I'll tell you what, you can come to me whenever you like. You don't need to go through making the whole appointment, just come in when work is over. You can talk to me about anything you want, okay?"

She looks at me with wide eyes. I can tell she has not had one kind thing said to her since she was made. Which is why I want to help her, I can't let her become a brainwashed servant like other gems.

"Really? You'd do that for me?" She says, still shocked.

I smile, knowing I made the right choice, and nod. "I would. You seem like a very nice gem, and I can't imagine anyone not liking you."

She smiles, jumping from her seat and pulling me into a hug. "Thank you!" She says, and I smile.

"You're welcome."

☆Flashback done☆

Little did I know, she'd be coming by almost everyday, for the next couple hundred years. She was sweet and our relationship reminds me of the one between Steven and Pearl, or Garnet.

"Lapis!" I say, running over to her.

Just like the first time I saw her, her eyes go wide, and she drops down to her knees, pulling me into a hug.

I pull away after a second, already feeling tears run down my face. "What happened to you? Oh, I've been so worried!"

Lapis looks up after me, shaking, and crying. She doesn't say anything so I pull her into another embrace. Without meaning to, I get a flash of her thoughts in my own head.

It all contained horrible things, getting trapped, used, then freed only to be stuck in an awful fusion.

I choke back a sob and continue to cry with her.

"I am so sorry, I am so sorry." I continue whispering the words until we both calm down.

She pulls away after some time and she looks back up to me with a depressed look in her eyes. It's only now that I sense the dark mood she carries with her.

"I am so sorry Lapis, I've been worried since the first day you missed our meeting."

She only shakes her head and looks down. "Zanite, so many things, horrible things, have happened..."

I take a quick glance behind me, seeing the others watch us with shocked expressions.

"Don't worry, we can talk about this later." I say quietly, trying to calm her down. Taking her hands, I start to help her up.

I wipe away a few stray tears and look back at the others.

"Thank you for taking her in." I say, and that only makes the others more confused.