Black and White (Epilogue)

Start from the beginning

"My names Shirazu, I was the former squad leader." He said as I took his hand and shook it. "I look forward to being your second in command."

I gave him a small nod, he spoke in a formal tone towards me, which bothered me. Letting his mannerisms go, I trace my eyes to the rest of the squad. But as I count them I frown. "Wasn't there two more?"

"You mean Mutsuki and Aura? They're working with the new Oggai on a small op today, you should be able to formally meet them tomorrow." Ui said, before turning around and rubbing his eyes.

"Get some sleep before you pass out." I called out to him, in which he responded with a small smirk and a chuckle, walking away.

Ginshi Shirazu, the former squad leader of the quinx, promoted by Sasaki Haise when their former quinx member Kuki Urie disobeyed orders. He is described by his fellow investigators and unique, and outgoing.

The next in row for me to scan is a woman named Ching-Li Hsiao, or "Genie Hsiao" as some people call her. An average height and muscular build, short black hair. Boasts a Koukaku kagune; also a half-human, a failed mating of a ghoul and human to make a half ghoul, contrary to what most people know.

Touma Higemura, a pink haired young man has many noble qualities in his mannerisms about him. His hair, wavy. Attitude, high and mighty. Probably will have to work on that noble pride of his.

Other than these three, Tooru Mutsuki, a young "man" who is looking to leave the Quinx squad. I know this because Furuta told me before coming down to meet Ui and the squad. Reading their personal files has its benefits.

Shinsanpei Aura also, momentarily working with Mutsuki on that assignment with the Oggai. Those two... just from reading their files and from what I've heard from others, I'm not going to like them. I don't like Mutsuki's background, and I don't like his recent activities.

After the death of Kuki Urie, the squad nearly broke up after a huge falling out and argument. From what I understand, Everything is awkward with him and the rest of the squad, except for Aura, who seemed to emphasize with him.

Hsiao walks up to me and puts her hand out, but not before giving me a short bow of respect. "Pleasure to meet you, sir." She said.

I shook her hand and sighed. "None of you call me 'sir', it makes me uncomfortable." I said.

Hsiao bowed again. "My apologies, I will work on how I address you sir- I mean... how would like me to call you?" She said with a tightened voice.

I sighed. "If its hard for you to decide yourself, call me whatever." 

Touma smiled, a glint coming off him as he raised a hand to shake. "The pleasure is mine to meet one such as yourself, sir."

"One such as myself, huh?" I wondered out loud.

"Why yes! News spread quick on how you nobly took down the vile cretin known as the Crow! Even after that operation, you continued in the first squad to vanquish any ghoul in your way!" He said, highly praising me.

That would explain why their all so tense, they think I'm some sort of war hero or something.  The very thought made me want to start a smoke right there and then. 

"Yup, I killed him alright..." I trailed off, thinking about the sunset that evening. Boy was it beautiful.

"Will you get ownership rights over the quinque?" Hsiao asked.

"No, the body was left on the boat, and it sank to bottom of the ocean." I said.

All of them were taken aback a bit. Shirazu was the first to speak up.