29 | Teaberry Ice Cream

is there any other possible thing more painful than this?

god, for the first time, giovanni regretted joining football.

but you still love it.

he and his team had only been training for five consecutive days but it felt like hell already. to him, at least. the sun was scorchingly hot and he prayed to the gods to shield him from it at least a little. and their coach wasn't helping, too. mr davidson was a man of principles and rules and what he says is what everyone does.

now, who said norton football is easy?

and that's just the beginning of their torture. last day, coach davidson got all their gadgets (and whatever electronic bloody devices) and hid it in a place where no one knows.

he's one helluva devil spawn. van internally grumbled.

how could he contact vanadis, now?

his hands were already itching to call her again. it has been three days... three fucking days... since he last heard of her angelic voice (his words, not anyone's).

god. he's dying.

"hey, man! what's gotten you so riled up?" adam, one of his teammates, jokingly asked, seeing the aggravated look on giovanni's face.

"nothing." he mumbled.

i want to smash everybody's heads right now so disturb me not. disturb me fucking not.

"cambridge! eyes on the bloody ball!" coach davidson yelled.

give me back my bloody phone, first, grump. giovanni wanted to yell back. but he remembered his mother thought him manners so...

"dreaming over cindy, bro?" tanner, one of his teammates again, teased.

he rolled his eyes and focused on the game, instead. more like dreaming over a girl who's fucking in love with—what's the bastard's name again? oh, yeah. augustus walters.

"I TOLD YOU IT'S AUGUSTUS WATERS!!!"

giovanni's eyes almost popped out from their sockets as he heard vanadis' voice. he swiftly looked around, looking for the girl he so wanted to talk to already. but when there was no one in the bleachers and it looked like everything was normal but him – giovanni realized it was only his head doing him wonders.

fuck, should i see a psychiatrist now?

he wanted to smack his head over and over again. oh god, i should just kill myself already.

who was he kidding, now? it's very well clear—crystal clear. he's falling (i know, quite shocking isn't it?) for an i scream employee.

he's falling for someone he hadn't even got a chance to see fully.

and he's falling for someone who adores bubblegum ice cream. although, it tastes like vomit and expired medicine.

now i'm the one who's got weird tastebuds, huh? giovanni laughed at the back of his mind.

but seriously, he's falling.

and he only hoped vanadis is, too.