15 | Cherry Ice Cream

the house was full of laughter and cheers.

of course, friends was currently on the run and ashleigh cambridge was busy laughing her butt off over a funny scene. she had been dying to watch a re-run of season seven and now that she'd got the opportunity, she could never be happier.

on the other side, giovanni cambridge was busy shooting daggers to the tv with his eyes. how many times had he seen the damned show, again? he couldn't remember.

this was all the she-devil's fault.

"i thought you ordered ice cream, honey." his mom chewed on the popcorn.

"did you call vanadis, already?" ashleigh asked rather maliciously, switching her eyes between the tv and their parents for more drama.

giovanni shot her a glare before mutely nodding.

"who's vanadis?" their dad chipped in.

"van's girlfriend!" ashleigh squealed, as if she'd been waiting to say that the whole night.

giovanni groaned. "she's not my girlfriend. shut up."

"you mean, not yet?" ashleigh stuck her tongue out, determined in annoying her older brother.

this brat. what i'd do to throw her out to the streets.

"you've got a girlfriend again?" their mom said in surprise.

"vanadis is not my girlfriend. we're just... friends."

"wow. didn't know friends could involve constant flirting and drained phone batteries."

but before van could even shoot back an equally sarcastic reply, the doorbell rang. giovanni stood up from the floor, his dagger eyes not leaving his sister's even a millisecond.

and then he turned to their parents. "mom, dad, ashleigh kissed a boy at the back of the gym last week."

and then he ran to the door before the she-devil could raise hell.

a part of him wished to see a smiling vanadis, his vanadis, holding up the chocolate mint ice cream ashleigh wanted.

but who was he kidding? oh my god, who was i fucking kidding?

"ice cream delivery for... van cambridge?" the delivery boy chirped.

giovanni took a deep breath as he reached out for the ice cream. no vanadis in sight. he didn't know whether to pat his own back and say told you or smack his head and scream what was i expecting!!!

"looking for me, vanni?"

all of a sudden, vanadis' playful voice invaded his mind. he smiled without realizing.

and as he looked down at the gallon of mint chocolate ice cream in his hands, a piece of paper sat on top of the lid, with a semi-curved handwriting and oh—a semi-funny message.

i know you're grinning right now. wipe that off. you look like a creep!!!

and giovanni being giovanni, he didn't stop grinning.