Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

Emma hastily snatches up the book, pulling it closer to her face so she can study the illustrations better. She stares at the story with a heavy heart and she's not entirely sure why, but she does feel guilty for Drizella, even though she has nothing to do with her situation. Just the thought of the young girl not being able to love freely, breaks her heart.

"Is that helpful in anyway?" Belle insecurely questions, causing Emma to snap her attention away from the old book and into those ocean blue eyes.

"This is exactly what I needed Belle! You're a life saver." Belle smiles from ear to ear with pride and waits for Emma to elaborate on her story. "So, over in Hyperion Heights, Drizella visits a grave with the name, Perla, on it. Regina and I stumbled upon an older lady who confirmed Drizella cast the curse to please her mother and I could almost guarantee now, she crushed Perla's heart for her mother's praise."

The librarian gasps, her hand instantly falling to rest over her heart. She always was such a kind and gentle soul, who takes everything to heart.

Suddenly, a cold breeze sweeps across Emma's back as the front door bursts open, startling both women.

"I knew there couldn't be two of that hideous hunk of junk," Zelena teases as she struts through the library full of confidence and sass.

Belle laughs lightly at Zelena's bashing of Emma's car, while the sheriff spins around to greet the feisty redhead.

"Yes, because your obnoxious green car is any better," the savior retorts, staring blankly at the woman, unamused.

"Was your mother driving you mad?" A wicked smirk tugs at the corner of Zelena's big mouth.

"No, I came to talk to Belle and you...I figured you would want to know Regina has her memories back."

"She does?" Zelena squawks in surprise. "As much as she may be a giant pain in my ass, I've missed my sister!"

Emma examines with great interest as Zelena's face softens at the mention of her sibling. The redhead beams with pure excitement and Emma's fairy confident she has never seen this woman so happy before.

"So...I was thinking...road trip?"

"What?" The redhead's freckled nose scrunches up in scrutiny.

"Do you want come back with me to Hyperion Heights? I'm sure Regina would love to see you and we could use a little help over there breaking this curse."

"As much as I'd love to, I can't just leave Robin. She's seventeen now and I don't trust a bloody thing that wild child does," Zelena exasperates as her face expresses utter horror from having a teenage girl. Not to mention, Robin is the daughter of the Wicked Witch of the West and Robin Hood. Emma is positive that girl lives on sarcastic back talk, sneaking out and theft at its finest.

"I totally understand," Emma laughs while Belle snickers behind her. "I just thought I'd offer. I'll make sure to have Regina call you."

"Maybe I'll come out for a visit soon, I really do miss the bloody woman."

Emma nods along just as her phone vibrates. She quickly pulls the device out of her coat pocket to check the caller, her heart fluttering in hopes that it might just be Regina. Her face instantly morphs into disappointment when she sees her dad's name flashing across the screen instead of the former mayor's.