Chapter two - Let's dance!

"Come on, let's gossip! We still have an hour before we have to get ready for the ball," Emma said as she clapped her hands in excitement.

Emma was seated in front of me as Louisa sat on my right and Isabella on my left on the large bed that decorated my room. It was one of the biggest pieces of furniture in this entire room. The bed I had at my uncles wasn't even this large. It's not like I need a bed like this because I might not fit in it. I'm not a pig.

Moving on, to the rest of my room. On my left was quite a large window. It even had a small area where you could sit, so you could look outside into the beautiful gardens.

On the other side of the room was a dressing table located with a mirror standing on top of it. Next to it was a door, which I found out, led to a bathroom. Not a small one at that too.

This castle has changed a lot since I last been here.

"Adeline, are you even listening?" I heard Louisa say. All three girls looked at me with their eyebrows raised.

"Uh, I'm sorry what?" I asked sheepishly. I blame the tiredness for not letting me focus.

Emma rolled her eyes as she looked at me. "Still the same as ever. Where did you doze off to this time?"

I scratched the back of my neck as I gave them an awkward smile. "Nowhere, where were we again?"

"So, as I was saying..." Emma started while she flipped her long dark blonde hair over her shoulder. "Victoria arrived a couple of days ago, sent off by her father, probably because he was sick of her whining. I would be too,"

Oh great, my arch nemesis is here too. Yes, Victoria and I go way back. I hate the freaking air she breathes as well as her shitty personality. She and Kane had been the perfect duo to make my childhood a living hell.

"But that's beside the point," Emma said getting to the story she wanted to tell. "Yesterday when we had dinner with the Royals she found a hair in her soup. She, being the little brat she is, started to call out the head cook while she turned all red. For a second I thought she was going to explode,"

I joined Emma in her laughter as I could already imagine the steam coming out of Victoria's ears. While we laughed Louisa and Isabella smiled; even though they had no idea about who we were talking. Though, I had a feeling they would find out sooner rather than later.

"You'll never believe what happened afterward," Emma started to laugh even harder than she already was. "The cook grabbed her plate while apologizing, but Victoria yanked her arm towards her because she wanted the cook to look into her eyes while saying an apology which resulted in the soup spilling all over her purple dress. I had to contain my laughter so hard because you should have seen her face." By now tears were streaming down Emma's face as she recalled yesterday's events. I wish I had been there so I could have laughed at her face too. She deserved all the karma she had.

"Oh my, the stain it must have caused in her dress!" Isabella gasped while trying to hide her smile.

"A stain it left indeed,"

"The look of pure horror she must have had on her face. I already feel sorry for the cook because I know she's going to feel Victoria's wrath," I said while I played with the quilt that lay on the bed. The fabric was so soft, almost as if I was touching a cloud. The fabric tickled my fingertips as I softly went over it, sending a wave of pleasure up my arm. I couldn't wait until I could snuggle up under these covers and get my well-deserved rest.

I could just skip the ball altogether and get that well-deserved rest right after they leave the room to get ready. Unfortunately, I know I was going to be forced to go anyway. No escaping there.