Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"It's just a dream, you dumbass." I spat, shutting my eyes again. There were two options that could help me get back to bed; One would be to call Ashton, and the other would be to go downstairs and see what's left of what my father left in there. The problem with calling Ashton is that he would wake up, and I don't want him to do that. I would feel bad, and I don't like to wake him up.

So, that leaves the second option. "I'm desperate," I laughed to myself. I shrugged and hopped off my bed, blindly walking over to the door. I opened it slowly, and looked down the hallway. Every door was closed and every light was off, so I decided to go down there. In hopes of finding what I wanted, I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I turned the light on, squinting my eyes before letting them adjust. The room was empty, and I was relieved.

I opened the fridge and looked around, but to my sudden surprise I saw bo trace of alcohol. No bottles, no cans, nothing. Did I drink it all already?

"Nah," I laughed to myself. I couldn't have; I need to go back to sleep. I rumaged through the recridgerator, hoping and praying that something will show up to calm my nerves. I had that craving sensation in my stomach, the one that I've always found myself havinf the first day that Ashton introduced me to this kind of stuff. And if I don't get it now, then what will I do for the next 4 hours.

Call Ashton? I thought.

"Fuck that." I said in response to myself, starting to feel angry that there was nothing here.

"God fucking dammit!" I hissed, stepping back from the fridge and leaning up against the counter. I pursed my lips together and thought of what the fuck I do now?

I craved more than the taste of alcohol calming me down. I longed for the feeling of smoke escaping my mouth, my veins rushing with adrenaline, and my mind telling me that what is done wrong is technically done right for my situation. That feeling I would get with Ashton that I missed, and as I stand here half asleep, I thought about last week.

Sighing again, I went back upstairs to maybe somehow go back to sleep.

...

The next morning, I was fortunate enough to wake up from a sleep that I had fallen back into. I don't remember the last time I went back to bed, but I was surprisingly not tired as I walked around my room for something to wear. I wasn't sure how I felt about today, though. It's friday, which is amazing. What was I going to do tonight again?

"Oh right," I chuckled to myself, throwing on a pair of shorts and the first pink top I could find. "Ash."

Yeah, Ash. I miss him, to be honest. It's quite weird, considering that I see him everyday. Who knows why I do. I decided to send him a quick morning text, and I was excited to see his pretty eyes and cute smile once I arrived to school.

"good morning :------)" I sent him. I waited for a reply, and walked downstairs to eat breakfast.

"lovey good morning :---)"

"you ready to get crazy tonight"

"by crazy do you mean eat and cuddle"

"thats EXACTLY what I mean." I sent him one last text, smiling to myself at the fact that to this day I still read his texts in his voice.

I quickly finished my breakfast, tossing my bowl into the sink and grabbed my bag. I made sure I had all my homework that was due today, and waited for my mom to come downstairs to take me to school.

But on the contrary... my dad left his car here when he went to stay with his parents, didn't he? He's still not back yet, and I'm beginning to wonder how much space they really need. But on the bright side, I can just use his car and not make my mom/Ashton drive me everywhere. "Mom?" I called out into the living room.