Chapter 21: The Hospital of Doom

Start from the beginning

The group walked in and the Leadoni, who was holding a pointer stick, just told them to identify what he was pointing at. He pointed it to a picture of a bunch of bananas, which Nate and Katie correctly identified.

"Correct! Both of your eyes are in perfect health!"

Before Nate or Katie could tell the Leadoni that an eye test required identifying more than one picture on the eye chart or what a normal eye chart looked like, another annoucement was made.

"Nate and Katie, please come to the X-ray room."

"Well, you better get going. Have a nice day!"

The group walked around Nocturne Hospital, looking for something to identify the X-ray room as Whisper grew more worried.

Okay, I definitely heard someone writing when we were in there and that Leadoni didn't have a clipboard in his hand. Someone's spying on us, but I don't know who or why.

*****

Meanwhile, outside of Nocturne Hospital...

After hearing the workers talk about locking the front doors so that their 'patients' wouldn't sneak out and worried that the group might be in trouble soon, the figure quickly sneaked inside Nocturne Hospital, staying out of sight as he watched the group go by. His eyes were on Whisper, who obviously looked worried about the group and the possible danger they could be in, but couldn't seem to convey it without fear of accidently drawing unwanted attention.

I will help you when the time comes, my dear friend. I just hope that time has been kind to you since our last meeting.

*****

They had managed to find the X-ray Room and they had just had an X-ray taken of their hearts. They were expecting to see a normal human heart, but what they saw was not what they had been expecting.

Were these X-ray machines modified for Yo-kai use and they were just too lazy to make the machine work for regular humans like us? It would at least explain why our hearts don't look normal!

While the things on the X-rays still maintained a normal heart-like shape, it was the fact that they had faces that completely threw them off. The Leadoni in charge of this room, who wore only a white lab coat, was looking at them with an expectant grin, waiting for them to say something.

"They look...great."

Nate and Katie both knew that was a total lie, but the way that Leadoni was looking at them while they were looking over the x-rays kinda scared them. It was like he was forcing them to say that the x-rays were right.

"Nate and Katie, please make your way to the director's office."

The group left the X-ray room and started looking for the director's room, however they were very reluctant to actually meet the hospital director.

*****

These kids are the perfect subjects for my next experiment! Not only are they able to see and communicate with Yo-kai, they also seem to be healthy from the results of the tests I had them do. I just need a little more information and I can start making preparations.

*****

After they finally managed to find the director's office, they were expecting to see another Yo-kai. So imagine their shock when they saw a normal human sitting at the director's desk and wearing a name tag with his name, Dr. Maddiman, in large letters.

"Have a seat, you two. I'm just going to ask you a few questions."

He gestured to two seats in front of his desk, which Nate and Katie sat down in.