"I-I'm sorry"

Jimin, who was sat next to Taehyung, gave Jungkook a concerned look. Jimin was the only one who knew what was happening and all about Jungkooks big ass crush on the boy.
The younger didn't know who else to tell and somehow it just kinda... slipped out. Jimin was originally the one to keep urging Jungkook to confess to his crush but he always pushed it off for a while longer telling Jimin it wasn't the right time yet. It was only last week that Jungkook knew he should tell the boy now, because well... wasn't the phrase now or never?? If he left it any later, Jungkook would be leaving school and he might not ever see Taehyung again.

And he definitely did not want that to happen.

"You will be~" Taehyungs pout changed into a smirk as he lightly kicked Jungkook underneath the table.

Normally Jungkook would kick him back, because it was a thing they did often, but in this case, Jungkook was too confused. Had Taehyung seen the letter? Should he just act normal?

By the time Jungkook realised he should probably kick him back, the time had past and his friends had already started another conversation and Taehyung turned his attention to what they were saying.

Maybe he'll speak to me privately about it later?

"Kookie, lets go get food?"

Jungkook nodded, his nerves suddenly back and making his heart thump like crazy. He wondered if Taehyung would mention it while they're alone.

The two got up together and lined up in the dinner line queue. After another 5 minutes of waiting, Taehyung still never brought up the topic.

When they got closer to being served, Taehyung gently moved Jungkook in front of him so he could be served first. Even at moments like this, Jungkook felt fluttering inside his stomach.

When he ordered, Taehyung asked for the exact same thing and they returned to their seats. Although, Jungkook was still anxious, Jungkook didn't feel so bad that Taehyung was reacting like he always has. It was better than ignoring him or suddenly feeling awkward around each other.

As they begin to eat, Taehyung picked up some of his meat and placed it on Jungkooks plate. Jungkook tries to avoid the rest of his friends eyes as they all watch it happen. Although its nothing new, his friends always give them looks.

Despite their friends, Taehyung never seems to care, while Jungkook sits with a face as red as a tomato. Taehyung smiles happily and urges him to carry on eating. Whether he's embarrassed or not, Jungkook can't help a smile creep onto his face as he realises he gets special treatment from his one and only crush.

"aiishhhh" Hoseok drawls out. "when will he ever give me some? what 'bout the rest of us?"

After a moment or two, Taehyung starts up another conversation as he leans into the table as though he's got the biggest piece of gossip the school will ever hear.

"Oh guys" Taehyung began "I found something out today"

"And what's that?" Yoongi said as unenthusiastically as possible.

Taehyung smiled and the whole table raises their eyebrows. "Someone's got a crush on me"

Jungkook almost swallows his tongue and Jimin glances to him with concern for the second time. Neither of them want to make it obvious.

Jungkooks heart was thumping out of his chest like mad, he was afraid that his friends might even hear it. Jungkook suddenly wishes he had never made that love letter, he felt like he was about to cry any minute. Why would Taehyung bring that up in front of everyone? In the middle of the lunch hall where anyone could over hear? Jungkook had never thought Taehyung was the one to publicly humiliate someone, especially when that someone was Jungkook, his best friend.

"Why are you surprised?" Hoseok asked, shoving food into your mouth, totally unaware that Jungkook was hyperventilating next to him. "Practically everyone has a crush on you in this school"

Jungkook hates this conversation but he knew he couldn't get up and leave with no excuse.

Taehyung was about to tell on him.

Taehyung was about to tell them Jungkook had wrote him a stupid love letter.

"But I've never had a letter before" Taehyung leans back in his chair and smirks.

"You got a love letter?" Seokjin exclaims. "Awh that's so cute!!"

"I didn't even know people still did those anymore?" Namjoon mumbled to himself.

"Who's it from?" Yoongi asked.

Taehyung drops silent for moment and Jungkook thinks this is the end.

This was where Taehyung grassed his best friend up in front of everybody and they will laugh at him.

But then

"I don't know"