Chapter 7:

After we finished our burgers, it was getting dark. We walked back to my house and said our goodbyes. Henry came out and bid Emma farewell too. "You know... Granny runs a hotel. You should stay there... You know for a little while. I want you to be around. You're our birth mother after all." Henry said. Emma smiled.

"Yeah. Maybe I'll do that. Catch you two tomorrow?" She asked. We nodded. "Bye Emma." I said, smiling. "Bye." Henry said. Emma climbed into her yellow buggy and drove off. Me and Henry watched her. "She's so nice." I said. He nodded in agreement. "I like her." He said, looking at me. I smiled. "Me too."

Later that night, I was sitting in my room, practicing my magic. I made a fireball appear in my hand, and made it disappear again. I grabbed my sword. (yes, I have a sword. Regina got me one for my birthday. They've always fascinated me.) I put it on the ground and made it fly up to my hand with my magic. "Ha!" I exclaimed, grinning at my progress. Then I made it disappear out of my hand and reappear on my bed. "Woo!" I yelled, throwing my hands up and spinning around.

Suddenly, my happiness depleted. A darkness suddenly fell over the whole house and I felt as though I'd never be happy again. Something was wrong. I walked to Henry's room and opened the door. It was dark. Too dark. "Elena!" Henry shouted. I stepped forward into the room. The light from the hallway illuminated the dark room. The window was wide open, and floating in the middle of the room, staring at me with glowing eyes...

Was a shadow.