Chapter 3:

I walked back outside and stopped when I saw Henry with a blonde woman behind him. I walked over to him and hugged him. "Oh my god Henry. You scared the hell out of me." I said.

My (adoptive) mom walked out. "Where the hell were you?" She demanded. "I found our real mom." He said, then walked inside and slammed the door.

"You- you're my mom?" I asked, approaching the woman.

"Hi." She said sweetly.

"Hi. I'm Elena." I smiled, reaching my hand out for a hand shake. She pulled me into a hug. "I never thought I'd meet you guys." She said.

"Can we talk? Alone?" My (adoptive) mom asked my (birth) mom. I walked inside and walked up the stairs. Henry had his door just barely open. I knew what this meant. When me and Henry were around five, we made what we called a "secret code". When our door was open, but closed, that meant that we needed to talk. I opened the door a little and peered in. I knocked. "Henry?" I asked. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "Hey. What's wrong?" I asked, shutting the door behind me. I sat next to him on his bed. "I don't know. I just feel... This is gonna sound weird. But I feel unloved. Unwanted, ya know? Emma didn't want us, and Regina isn't the best mother." He said, looking down. "Hey," I said, putting my arm around his shoulder. "We have each other. And we always will." I said. He smiled at me and hugged me. "Thanks. Love you." He said. "Love you too. I'm gonna go make sure mom didn't kill mom. I'll be right back, okay?" I said. He nodded. "Okay."