Chapter 6:

I walked out with Emma. We headed down the street towards the square. "Your mother is really something, you know that?" She said. I chuckled.

"Yeah, sorry about her. She gets really overprotective sometimes. Which doesn't make much sense, since she's the Evil Queen-" Crap. I forgot she didn't know about the fairytale thing. I added a slight laugh to make it seem like I was joking.

She laughed. "You know your brother told me something strange on the drive here." She said.

"What's that?"

"He showed me this fairytale book, the title was "Once Upon A Time". What was odd was he told me that all of those stories actually happened, and everyone who lived here was a fairytale character." She said.

I laughed nervously.

"Typical Henry. He was never very good at making first impressions." I said.

"I could tell Regina really cares about you."

"I wish she'd show that to us sometime."

"She's trying."

"I know."

We arrived at the square. We walked past Mr. Gold's shop and were greeted by him.

"Hello Elena. How have you been?"

"Very well, Mr. Gold, thanks. Yourself?"

"Quite nicely. Who's your friend?" He asked, looking at Emma.

"This is my birth mother, Emma Swan. Henry went and found her. Emma, this is Mr. Gold." I said.

"Emma..." He repeated slowly. "What a lovely name."

Something flashed in his eyes, something like recognition.

"Is your mother home? I need to go speak to her."

"Yep, she's at home with Henry."

"Thank you very much, Elena. Until we meet again." He said, giving a little nod.

"Bye, Mr. Gold." I said, giving a small wave as he walked off.

"He seems nice." Emma said.

"He is to me and Henry for some reason. He's the most feared man in Storybrooke to others." I replied.

"Why?"

"I'm not sure entirely."

We arrived at Granny's. "Come on, you have to try Granny's burgers. They're the best." I said. We walked in and went to the counter. Ruby came over. "Hi Elena!" She said cheerfully.

"Hey Ruby!" I replied.

"Who's your friend?"

"This is Emma Swan, my birth mother."

"Pleasure to meet you!" Ruby said, shaking Emma's hand. Emma smiled.

"What shall I get you two?"

"Two burgers, please." I said.

Me and Emma sat in a booth. "You know basically everyone in this town, huh?" She said.

"For the most part. I grew up here. In this town, we're kinda like a huge family." I said.

Little did I know.