Chapter 21 | The Hobo in Shinchan Pajamas

Start from the beginning

I snicker. I'd slathered her doorknobs and windows with vaseline this afternoon.

Good luck getting out of there, Freida!

I snicker again and walk out of the house when the shrieks ring out.

"I'll cut you into pieces and roast you in a bonfire.." was all I heard before I slammed my car door and drove away, laughing my head off the whole way.

~•~

[Calum Achorn]

I was pacing.

And that meant I was anxious.

And that wasn't a good sign.

"Where the hell is she?" I mutter under my breath.

It has been half an hour since my father called me and asked me for a favour and fifteen minutes since I called Ambrosia Bellemore to meet me in the office.

I knew it was cruel to call her in the middle of the night and ask her to work, but when my father asked me to plan a surprise party for my sister on her birthday, I couldn't think of anyone else to call.

So I did call her.

And she's not here yet.

"Where the hell..." I begin when the door bursts open and a hobo stumbles into my office.

"What the hell?" I ask in surprise.

"Mr Achorn, I'm here!" She huffs and bends down with her hands on her knees.

"Miss Bellemore?" I murmur in surprise. She looked like she had been dragged all the way here. Her hair was dishevelled, and it somehow resembled the hairstyle of a singer my sister was crazy after, someone called The Weeknd. She wore pajamas with her favourite cartoon, Shinchan, splattered all over them, they were neon and looked hideous. Her T-shirt said "Team Edward" in a nasty pink colour. Her shoes had little rabbit heads on them. I smiled, I'd always liked her shoes.

But she looked deranged, if I put it mildly.

And by the self satisfied smirk on her face, I was sure she was doing it on purpose. Probably to spite me.

Very well.

I compose my shocked demeanour and her face drops a little. It was obvious she wanted me to scream bloody murder and run away. But I'll show her that I can win at her own game.

"You're late, Miss Bellemore." I say with a level face. At this, her smile drops completely and she scowls at the floor.

"I'm sorry." She mumbles.

I almost feel sorry for her. Almost.

"There's a reason I called for you today, Miss Bellemore," I wait for her to look up. When she does, I continue,"It's my sister's twenty second birthday day after tomorrow."

She doesn't say anything but her eyes betray that she's curious.

"We'll go shopping for everything we need. You'll oversee the entire function. The food, the decoration. I want the place all ready by tomorrow evening."

"Where, sir?"

"At my father's house, obviously." She looks stupefied for a second, probably because she had no idea where my father lived. And her surprise was justified too, my father's house was kind of intimidating.

"No time to waste. We have some shopping to do, Miss Bellemore." I say, getting up and walking out of the office with her in tow.

"Um, sir?" She asks hesitantly when we pass her office.

"Yes, Miss Bellemore?" I ask, smirking. She doesn't notice.

"Can I, um, change my clothes?" She stutters.

"Sure, Miss Bellemore. I'll have Darcia keep some clothes in your office right away. I'll be in the car." I say, my grin getting broader.

"Thank you, sir." She sighs in relief.

I walk away without a word and beckon Darcia, the housekeeper.

"Didn't you once tell me you kept your husband's clothes in here?" I ask, trying hard not to laugh

~•~

Lol. Okay.
Freida above!