Muy Fabulosa!

I waved goodbye to Jenna as her black hummer pulled out of my driveway. You really wouldn't think a girl like her would drive a hummer but she did, and if you asked she would tell you it was her brother's.

At first, you'd say that Jenna was the average dumb blonde, but then you would feel like the dumb one once you got to know her, because she wasn't dumb at all and definitely not average. I  can't even remember how many times that girl has saved me from getting into trouble.

Even before highschool, Jenna would be the outgoing free spirit; while I was more quiet and closed off. Not that I was shy or anything, I just didn't feel the need to converse with people who would just judge me.

A few months ago, I was overlooked by everyone, even my own parents. But a lot of things changed and so did I. Lucky for me, Jenna and Kylie were there for me through it all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was in the middle of catching up on Supernatural when I heard the front door open.

"Carli, c'mon!" Kylie called out. "I need food in my system."

"Ok, let me just grab my bag."

When I got to the living room, I noticed that Kylie was wearing a pantsuit. She also had her hair up in a intricate bun, which made her look so much more sophisticated and professional. Of course, the tattoos on her wrist and the way she carried herself allowed her to still give off the "Kylie" vibes.

"Dayum, what did you to my sister?"

She looked at me with amusement as she placed her right hand on her hip. "Fabulous, aren't I?"

"Si, si. Muy Fabulosa!" I said in the most whitegirl voice I could manage, which was difficult since we both knew I was fluent in Spanish. I even did a little pose to help sell the act.

Our little moment was soon inturupted by a growling sound. Kylie cleared her throat, "C'mon Dora. Let's get some food. I might die soon if I'm not fed."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After a short drive in the car, Kylie decided to take me to this little restaurant owned by her friend. We were sitting in one of those little tables outside the restaurant waiting for our food when I noticed how strange Kylie was acting.

Ever since we got in the car, she kept spacing out in our conversations as if she had her mind on something else. Maybe the interview went bad, or she had some guy problems...does she even have a boyfriend? God, I've been so caught up in my own life that I don't even know what's going on in hers. I'm so ignorant.

"Kylie...what's wrong?" She was taken aback by my question. I could tell because like me, she stutters when she's nervous.

"H-huh? O-oh it's, it's nothing...well actually i-it's something...it's just...ugh I can't even speak right now. I'm sorry."

"Kylie, it's just me. You don't have to worry, now what's on your mind?"

I watched her relax a bit as she took a few deep breaths. "So...you know how summer ends in two weeks, and I have to move out for college?"

Oh. That's what this is about. I guess I should've expected this topic to come up sooner or later. We both had known for a while that this would happen, but we never really discussed it. I always assumed that when she left, I'd be able to just live on my own since when our parents passed away, we inherited enough money to live comfortably.

I slowly nodded my head, "Yeah, but I'll be fine on my own. Besides, I'll be eighteen in a few months."

She sighed, which only meant that there was a change of plans. "But that's the thing, you aren't eighteen yet. They won't let you live on your own until you're old enough. You know how uptight Waverly is about these things."

Shit, she was right. Waverly was our caseworker. When our parents died, we were in a situation similar to this. Kylie was seventeen and I was fifteen. Her birthday was only in a month, but Waverly still made us live at Aunt Linda's house until we could leave.

"But Kylie, Aunt Linda moved to Florida. I can't just leave the state."

"I know that, so I made some arrangements for you to live with someone close by. Do you remember Tiffany, Mom's old co-worker?"

"Yeah, she used to bring us cookies after school all the time."

She chuckled softly as she thought back on our old life, with our parents. "Well, she lives only a few miles from our house, which is still close enough to Jefferson so you won't have to go far."

"And she's okay with me staying? I-I mean I don't want to be a burden or anything, even though it'll only be a few months. Does she have any children or a husband...or partner?"

I guess she was relieved with how I accepted the news. Truth is, I'd rather live alone, but I understood that I had to do this, so I will. "Don't worry, Carli. She insisted on having you stay. She told me to bring you over tomorrow so you can get to know her and her kids. I think she's a single mom."

"Oh, okay. Does she know about...you know...my problems?"

"Kinda, I told her about you a bit over the phone, but I'd rather explain it to her with you tomorrow. Is that okay with you?"

I closed my eyes and tried to regulate my breathing. I can't even talk about the accident to my own sister without wanting to hurl, how can I explain it all to a total stranger? After my hearbeat slowed a little, I looked back up.

"I-I guess."

Seeing Kylie in tears put me in a slight state of shock. "Thank you so much, Carli. I seriously don't want to leave you by yourself like this. Especially when you really need someone who gets you."

"Thanks but I'll be okay, I don't know how I could've gotten by without you."

~*~*~*~*~

HEY DERE. So this is another boring-ish chapter....I'm sorry but you need to know the backstory before I things get interesting :/ Please just keep reading, I promise you that things get A LOT better.

But what do you guys think the "accident" was? And what happened to their parents?

The song for this short chapter is Off to the Races by Lana Del Rey because why not....

Vote, Comment, Fan.....anythng really.....

~Cindy