Free ice cream

This chapter was Heavily edited on 7/22/2014 so please reread :)

When I got to the food court, I walked over to our usual spot by the railing. To my surprise, our table was taken by the most adorable gay couple. In a way, I was kind of jealous of how they looked at each other with such raw emotion...love. I thought I had that once. But as cliche as it sounds, I ended up giving him everything, and got nothing in return, well exept for the bruises and humiliation.

Buried images rushed into my mind as strings of unspoken words began to taunt me.

I quickly shut my eyes and counted to ten. My breathing became violent as I tried my best to shove those thoughts out of my head. Please, this is not the place for an anxiety attack. I'm so week that I couldn't even control my own feelings.

Suddenly, a melodic laugh broke through my little melt down. I realized how weird I must look just standing here, with my fists all balled up and my eyes tightly closed. I'm a freak.

When I finally was able to peel my eyelids open, I saw the couple, flirtatiously giggling at each other's remarks. Since they were so cute, I decided to leave them alone and sit at the nearest table. Unfortunately, Jenna wasn't there. Where the fuck is that girl?

A somewhat manly grunt escaped my throat as I plopped down into my seat. After waiting for what felt like an eternity, I pulled out my phone to text her.

Just when the text was about to send....my phone died. Great! Now I'm stuck at the mall alone with no phone! Yay! "Fuck my life..."

"What's a pretty girl like you doing alone at a mall?" My head snapped back, only to find....no one.

"Over here sweetcheeks." I turned again. My breath hitched and my muscles tensed as I saw the source of the smooth, low pitched voice. Right there in front of me stood a tall, rather muscular guy with dark brown hair and perfectly tanned skin.

He was wearing a light grey t-shirt that and dark jeans and his hair was styled messily on top of his head in a way that made me want to run my fingers through it. He had strong facial features and some serious brow game...not to mention the scruff. But that's not why I was almost hyperventilating. He reminded me of someone...someone who I never wanted to see ever again, yet I couldn't look away. Slut.

I decided to do what I did best and keep my composure. I even rolled my eyes to make myself seem irritated. "I can take care of myself thank you very much. And besides, I'm waiting for a friend so if you don't mind, I'd like to continue waiting in peace."

I smirked in satisfaction at his annoyance. "Seriously, it isn't safe here for a girl like you to sit around alone. Shouldn't you have one of your boy-toys keeping you busy?"

His words shocked me. The way he said them so seriously made my stomach sink. For a complete stranger, he sure had a lot of control over my feelings. My brows furrowed as my tough facade slowly vanished.

"Wha-why would you say that? You don't even know me."

"Oh, but I do. Who wouldn't know that you're infamous Carrie Hill? Fucking Queen Carrie, future valedictorian, future prom and homecoming queen. Oh and don't forget that part about you being a manipulative bitch. You know, your act isn't very convincing babe, behind that pretty face or yours is just another ugly soul. "

I continued to stare at him wide-eyed as a few stray tears escaped.

"Th-that's not how it is at all! Is that what people really think? I-I am not manipulative. I've never asked for anything!" Then I realized that he had gotten my name wrong...on purpose. "And NEVER call me Carrie." I yelled, "It's Carli now. How do you even know about that?" I was almost past my limit as my voice turned into a soft whisper. "Please, just leave me alone."