Introduction

ALL CONTENT (INCLUDING THIS SECTION) IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WHILE THIS WORK IS IN PROGRESS. UPDATES TO TRIGGERS, SHIPS, AND DISCLAIMERS WILL BE MADE HERE AS NEW CONTENT IS ADDED. IF YOU REQUIRE THIS INFORMATION PLEASE CHECK HERE BEFORE READING UPDATES.

triggers

alcohol, home wrecking, mild homophobia, job loss, bribery, blackmail, political process, lobbying, implied saucy

Ships

 Jefferson x Madison, James X Dolly Madison, Jefferson x Hamilton

Author's Notes and Disclaimers

I write a lot about the political process (but not present politics/political climate) without checking my knowledge of how the american political system works in depth. I feel I have a decent grasp, but there may be some errors. If you see something easy to fix, please let me know. Otherwise let's just assume that this is in an alternate universe where whatever I write is how it actually works. Let's also hope that no politician finds this because they will know when I am wrong. I also cast politicians in a pretty bad light. By no means do I think every politician is a bad person, or willing to give up their morals to get ahead (although admittedly I think such things are more prevalent in that profession). It is mostly the nature of Madison's job that this focuses on those weaknesses. If you happen to be a politician who genuinely represents your constituents in their best interest, first why are you reading this, but also thank you.

Also lobbying is presented in a particularly negative light. I know people do have jobs lobbying, but I'm not sure how accurately I am portraying that profession. Like I said let's believe what I write is pretty close to how it works. If you are interested in more accurate information, I encourage you to do research (maybe even share interesting things you find with me). Lobbying is an important part of the political process that any citizen can participate in. It can be as simple as contacting your representative about an issue that is important to you. The implied promise of your vote, or lack thereof can be very powerful. When lots of constituents feel strongly enough to lobby and feel similarly about an issue the representative will likely make the decision that will get them elected. I encourage anyone who is an american citizen and who has a strong opinion to get involved. That said companies can lobby and, for better or for worse, they hold a lot more sway (money) than a single individual which is the side of lobbying that this work focus on.

Introduction

This is the first work of fanfiction I have ever published on the internet or shared with anyone really. It was prompted by a community challenge on the Hamilton amino (an online social media community dedicated to discussion and fan work of Hamilton: the American Musical). The challenge was about promoting all sips as good. The ship you would create a work for was dictated to you so that all ships were pretty evenly represented. I would generally have done visual art for such challenges, but my drawing tablet was broken. I enjoyed writing the first chapter so much that I plan to make it a thing.

I really appreciate feedback. If you see a misspelling or something is confusing please let me know so that I can improve. If you just really liked something I'd love to know. Heck even if you just said "nice" or "I read it all" I'd probably be ecstatic.

All visual art, including cover art, is created by me unless otherwise indicated.