Chapter Seventy-Nine

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

While Madam Pomfrey approved of the healing on Milo's neck, she still wanted to keep him and the rest of the group overnight to make sure that they were all way and up to her standards before she released them. Milo had the hardest time falling asleep in the Hospital Wing, despite the fact that he had Paden resting on his chest. The events of the night were still swirling in his head, he should have been exhausted but he couldn't help but think what was going to happen next? With Sirius getting his name cleared by the Ministry because Peter had confessed to his crimes, what was going to happen?

Would the man easily transition back into society after spending over twelve years in confinement and then having to be on the run? Not to mention, he was going to have to get used to the role of being a husband and a father right away as he had Elspeth and Silas back in his life. The man had also made a promise to Harry to welcome him into his family and live with them, but Milo wasn't sure if that was going to happen. For some reason, he had a feeling that Dumbledore was going to keep the same excuse for Harry making him remain with the Dursleys. 

Now while Milo was still underage and unable to fight against the wishes of an adult, Sirius was technically the legal guardian of Harry and he had only lost guardianship due to his imprisonment on false charges. Harry was his godson and it was his right to make decisions for the boy as his godfather like Lily and James willed it to be. But Milo had to wonder how all of that was going to go? Was Sirius going to challenge the arrangements that Dumbledore had made?

He wanted nothing more than to get Harry out of the Dursleys household, he had made that clear time and time before. Staying in that environment was affecting Harry's mental health, not to mention just horrible to do to a child that had the opportunity to be happy.

Dumbledore could use the piss poor excuse that he was keeping Harry safe, but Harry's real family could keep himself without keeping him in a neglectful household. But Milo knew it was out of his hands in many ways. He continued to try and interfere with his brother's affairs and just how the centaurs had informed him, it had nearly brought him to a near-death experience twice.  It seemed if Milo was going to ultimately protect Harry on his own it was going to cost him his own life if he kept pushing his life. 

The sounds of everyone sleeping in their own beds only seemed to keep Milo awake even longer as he looked around in the darkness. Madam Pomfrey was nearby, resting herself but on alert in case anything occurred during the night. Milo had overheard from his mother and Sprout that Elspeth and Sirius were taken to St. Mungo's in order to be treated for their own injuries they had received. However, there was no word about Remus and perhaps that was the main reason that kept Milo awake. Knowing that he needed rest in order for his body to heal, Milo turned his head and looked in the direction of Cedric's bed.

Picking himself up, Milo made sure to cradle Paden carefully before making his way towards Cedric's bed. The Hospital Wing beds were even narrower than the four-poster beds back in the dorms, making it a tight squeeze for Milo to curl up at the bottom of the boy's bed. Even the slightest of movement stirred Cedric from his exhaustive state of sleep. He opened his eyes briefly to see that Milo was making himself comfortable. A small smile appeared on his face, feeling Paden crawling up and settling himself near Cedric's head to continue sleeping soundly.