Chapter Sixty-Eight

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo didn't like the idea of Cedric tagging along at all, but he really didn't have another option unless he decided to put another full-body binding curse on the boy, but that probably wouldn't work out so well a second time, so he quickly dismissed the idea from his mind. He knew that Cedric only wanted to offer his assistance and protect Milo. It seemed whenever things looked to be going sour, everyone's thoughts instantly went back to when Milo nearly lost his life in the Chamber of Secrets. He understood Cedric's worry, but there was nothing that he could even say to Cedric to prepare the boy for what was about to go down. 

"Listen to me, Cedric," Milo turned to him as he entered the dorm room and grabbed the shabby robe that Elspeth had given to him on his birthday, " everything that you're about to witness, is going to come across as completely insane. But I need you to trust me and not panic."

"You say insane, is this comparable to meeting Artemis? A goddess who watches over you?" Cedric whispered to him, bringing up a valid point, but Milo shook his head.

"It might get a bit crazier than that," Milo frowned, before handing Cedric the dementor's cloak, he wasn't going to risk Cedric getting hurt or in trouble.

"Er...Milo, I have better robes back in-"

"It's not a fashion statement in the making, Cedric, I need you to put this on for your protection."

For a few lingering seconds, Cedric just stared at the robes before nodding his head and taking it from Milo's hand. He slipped it one, a clear grimace on his face as he obviously was not pleased about wearing it, but if Milo wanted him to trust him, he could oblige to that. Once he was situated, Milo made sure that they both had their wands before leading the way out of the common room. He thought about heading to Remus' office, in hopes of snagging the Marauder's Map, but he knew it would only heighten the risk of them getting caught. 

There wasn't a lot of time to waste, while Hagrid didn't want anyone coming down to witness the execution or be caught outside the castle, Milo knew it was their best chance of hopefully sparing Buckbeak's life. He was going to check on Hagrid and then find Sirius, with an od plan to hatch up, but Cedric clearly wanted an explanation as they snuck out of the castle. He mainly wanted to know why he had to dawn the filthy and ugly robes.

"That's a dementor's robe," Milo explained to him, not bothering to look over at the moment because he was certain he was going to see a bewildered expression on Cedric's face. Mainly because he could hear it in Cedric's voice. 

"Milo, how in the world did you get a hold of a dementor's robe and what in Merlin's name are you using it for?"

Milo was trying his hardest not to lie to Cedric because he was going to be finding out plenty of the truth. "It was a gift for my birthday," he explained briefly, " and it's very important because as long as you wear it the dementors won't bother with you either. It's my way of guaranteeing that you'll be safe while we're out here."