He takes a long time to respond, so I put down my phone.  I close my eyes a second and I get too comfortable.  I decide to wipe myself and get back to my friends.  Sophie questions me, but I'm too drunk to make any answers clear.  I look back at the show and get back at staring maybe too intensely at Ash when my  phone vibrates in my hands.

Mr. Not Wright:  How drunk are you?

Me:  Maybe a little bit.

Mr. Not Wright:  Grace?  It's the second time you get drunk.  Don't do the same mistake as last week.  Stop drinking and switch to water.  We have work to do in the morning.

I roll my eyes and whine to myself as I reply, not realising the applause going on and the boys's set finishing.

Me:  Anything more you want to demand... Dad?

Mr. Not Wright:  Yes, actually.   Go to bed.

Me:  Believe me.  I intend to.  ;)  ;)  ;)

Me:  The bed is calling me right now. I need to go.

Mr. Not Wright:  Don't forget me in the morning.  Same time.

Me:  No worries.  I will leave with Sophie.

Mr. Not Wright:  Who is Sophie?

Me:  She works for you, at the front office in the lobby.  I really need to go, Macy.

Mr. Not Wright:  Stay close to your friends.  Be safe.

His words make me laugh, both genuinely and because I am greatly intoxicated.  If he only knew how close I intend to be with my special friend.  Ha ha ha ha!!  And I am safe, I am on birth control.  Hahahahaha!  This is so not funny, but it is.  At least that's what I try to convince everyone in the car. 

"Ash, can you just shut her up and kiss her or something?"  Lucas says as he drives us back to the flat.

"Hey!  I can hear you!"  I let out, my head spinning from the alcohol and all the laughter because I find myself so hysterically funny.

"She is being cute!  Shut it!  It's not me who got my girlfriend moody."  Ash defends me and I snuggle closer to his chest the best I can with these damn seat belts.

"I'm not moody.  I'm pissed, Ash."  Sophie exclaims and the scene just goes too quickly for me to fully understand what is going on.

"Even better."  Ash's chest vibrates under my ear.

"Soph, it meant nothing.  The girl offered me the drink and I took it because it was free."

"You were flirting back!"

"I didn't!  Would you stop?!  I thanked her and that's it."

"You fucking winked!  I don't even know why I let you come over, you won't get anything from me tonight."

"It's not like I get a lot anyway..."

"Excuse me?!"  Sophie's drunk voice is deep and I try my best to stay silent.  I am so glad when Lucas finally parks in front of the flat.

Ash and I get out of the car quickly as the two keep on arguing in the car.  I run up the stairs of the building and get my key out of my pocket.  It has been a day I have officially moved here, but it feels like home already.  I really like it.

I take my phone out and text Sophie.

Me: Is everything OK?

Sophie: Yeah...  Everything's fine.  He is taking me to his place.  Sorry for everything.  I'll see you tomorrow at the office.