Chapter 4: The Damsel in Distress and her Knight and Shining Armour

NOT EDITED. I'm sorry if there are errors in this chapter, but I wanted to upload it as soon as possible. Thank you.  ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: The Damsel in Distress and her Knight and Shining Armour

So, this might seem a tad bit annoying but can you please let go of me now?" I sweetly said in my mind.

"Why can't you just stay quiet and do as your told?" He growled in my head.

"Cranky much" I thought in an exasperated tone, which he growled in respons, yet again. I rolled my eyes at his response and tried not to think of anything. I should just do as he says, then, when Blacky is gone, I will thank this stranger, go home, sleep and forget this ever happened. Or, better yet, this might actually be a dream already. I mean telephatic comunication. Impossible.

"Why can't you just accept reality?" The stranger said as he moved a bit to find a much more comfortable stance, "Mortals," He said in a regretful voice that echoed in my head.

I snapped my head towards him, as he said that last bit of speech, which caught him off guard and I came free of his hold. "Well excuse me for being "normal"," I told him, as I emphasized the word normal, and I continued after a pause, "but you might like to know a bit of information. Normal is a good thing." which I pointed out clearly.

The stranger stared at me as if I were crazy. Didn't he know that staring at people is rude, especially if you were giving them the "you are crazy" look. It wasn't at all that entertaining, especially if it wasn't meant to be a response to a funny, or even a sarcastic comment.

I was about to tell him how rude it was to stare at other people when a shout made me still. I looked at the direction the shout came from and saw Blacky running towards the hiding spot in which I was supposed to be hiding, but unfortunately as I got out of the hold of the stranger, I apperantly stepped out of the darkness that hid me with the stranger, and instead placed myself in a position where everyone -especially Blacky and his minions, who was now furiously running towards me- saw me in every direction. And I think it didn't helped my speech just now. Now, I know why the stranger looked at me as if I were crazy, I mean isn't it crazy for someone to point out where you are if you were hiding from them. It's like pointing a neon sign above my head saying "Here I am," and here I thought it was bad enough before.

Rushing footsteps pulled me back to reality as I heard it come closser by the second. My mind began to panick as Blacky and his men came at full view, but I just couldn't run, or even move any part of my rigid body as they came closser. I began to lose hope as I tried once more to move my body away, but I failed.

I gasped as a hand suddenly took my own and pulled me towards him. I became aware of our physical contact and thought of screaming with panic and sheer terror, but it never came. Instead I felt myself relax and my rigidness left my body. I felt no terror or any panic; just peacefulness of being in his arm.

As soon as a second pass the stranger carried me bridal style and rushed of into a quick run. I should be feeling annoyed right now, but I was grateful for this stranger, that not only saved me once, but twice. But that uneasiness and annoyed feeling kept hanging at the back of my mind as we passed streets and alleys in a blur of washed out colours. I was not, in all levels, a damsell in distress. Never have been, and never will be.

"Don't worry, you have a prince to save you," The stranger said as he looked at me within his arms. I knew I looked like a damsel in distress with his carrying me like this and him the knight in shinning armour, but I don't need a typical male to be my prince, or my knight. A girl can take care of herself, and she wouldn't need any help at all.