Chapter 1

Hermiones Pov
This year will be different I swore it to myself I mean I made Head Girl so I assume I'll be okay. No more sharing rooms with the gryffindor's anymore. Now all I have to worry about is sharing them with Malfoy. Draco freaking Malfoy who would have even thought former Death Eater and longtime bully but the thing about Mcgonagal is she's never wrong. I sat on the train for what seemed like an eternity. Ron had cheated on me earlier this summer and so had Harry on Ginny. That didn't matter now they were both off at Aura training to be Aurors. Ginny would return in a few weeks unfortunately she couldn't pack up and leave immediately. With the loss of Fred still heavy on their shoulders her family was struggling. Ron had gone off in the middle of the summer with Harry and found two escorts. Unfortunately they had been caught by the daily profit.

Now all Hermione could do was sit in an empty cabin by herself. Something she hadnt done since first year. although she had missed Hogwarts dearly it felt like all exhaustion was waying upon her right now. This had been the farthest from a good summer she could imagine. A funeral every week for a solid two months left no time to process.

luckily as she was getting too lost in her thoughts a first-year came and knocked on her door. As he opened it he told her that McGonagall had requested her in the teachers cabin. She would be introduced to the other head and given room instructions. She was nervous but maybe he had changed maybe there was something there that she hadn't seen. But she knew she had to prepare herself, even if he had changed he still had the possibility of hurting her. Something she had grown so accustomed to her whole life.

She stepped out of her cabin and walked to the front of the train. Here goes nothing she said before twisting the handle on the door behind which her new future lie in the form of a new man name Draco Malfoy.