Chapter 12: I Give Up On Her

The bell rings and I pick up my scattered book shoving them inside my book bag. I head out the classroom and swing my hoodie over my head.

I was ready to go home, I was ready to lay on my bed and look at the ceiling like I usually did. Thinking about what was going on... or just looking at it because there was nothing better to do.

I was heading out the gate when Tony yanked my arm harshly towards the other direction of the street where the shop was.

"Where are you going?" He asked with a smile. I wiggle my hand out of his grip and shrugged.

"Home, that's where I'm going." I say, sighing heavily. I fixed my hoodie and started walking down the sidewalk again. He skipped besides me placing his arm around my shoulder.

"Aren't you going the wrong direction? We are going to Monica's Café silly." He can't be serious. I already gave up with that girl. She didn't care enough to arrive when we established to meet, so I wonder why should I give a care?

"I'm done Tony, I really am. Now please stop it with the shop." I frown as I hold tighter to the straps of my book bag. He stopped walking and tilts his head with his eyebrows arched.

"Done? It's been what? Two weeks since you have been talking about that girl and suddenly you give up?" He almost yelled angrily. I roll my eyes and face him directly, staring at his dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Why can't he respect my decision? Doesn't he see that every time I go there something happens that slowly tears up my heart in tiny shreds? That she doesn't like me that way? I was upset and mad at him for not realizing it.

"Nothing goes as you expect it to be all the time. Sometimes things change and that's okay because if it didn't then you wouldn't learn anything at all and I'm happy that what happened yesterday occurred now I know that you can't believe in liking someone or having that slight chance of falling in love." He gasped bringing his hands to his lips. I was confused, did I say something wrong? Or is he in disbelief?

"You loved her?" He asked in awed. I shooked my head scrunching up my face.

"I didn't say I loved her, Tony."

"Are you indirectly calling me deaf? I know what I heard idiot and you really fell in love! Oh my gosh, I can't believe it." He said as he cocked his hips with a laugh. I huffed and turn my back towards him and continued walking home. He pulled my hand again making my hoodie slip off my head.

"Tony stop! I suffer okay? Every single time I go there, she tears me up and I have been hurt enough. I don't want to feel anymore pain because of her." He lets go of me and sighs.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know it was causing this. I need a study partner though, want to hang out with me at my place?" He asked while he scratched the back of his neck. I nod and pull my hoodie over my head.

"Fine, but no more talk about the coffee shop girl." Tony snorts and shrugged as he puckered his lips mockingly.

"Okay cool, although it's adorable that you gave her a nickname."

"Tony! You idiot." I ran after him as he laughed. I hit him in the back of his head and walk besides him the entire way to his house. We started to talk and laugh at each little thing we said. I was just glad he didn't mention the coffee shop girl because I would have been upset. The best friend I could ever ask for.

○●○●

*If you liked this chapter please give it a vote, comment and follow.*

©2017 XCoca_Cola_PopX All rights reserved.