Chapter 101

I sleepily open my eyes and look up into the dimly lit sky, then bolt into a sitting position and look around. I'm greeted with the sight of both Falcons, a few tents, some sleeping bags, and Darth Vader. They haven't been sent back yet. I lay back down, relaxing into the soft sleeping bag. I have half a mind to go back to sleep, but I decide to fight the urge and get up. If they haven't been sent back already, then it is just a matter of time before they are. I might as well be up and make it count.... Maybe I should start by apologizing.... But there are so many ways that can go wrong.... More like will go wrong.... Am I still sure I want to get up? Yes. I sit back up and get out of the sleeping bag; only then do I notice that I haven't sensed anything. I put my hand out in front of me and concentrate on making a ball of light. Nothing happens. I concentrate harder, and I'm rewarded with a small green ball of light and a major loss of energy. More bonds. I thought she said that she wasn't taking my memories away! I clear my mind and concentrate on trying to find my locket. I can't feel it.

"I'd tell you she put more bonds on you, but I think you already figured that out," I hear Anakin say. I jump and look around. No one that I can see. Force Ghost.

"You could have warned me that you were around," I whisper. "I can't sense anything." I've started to rely way too much on my powers to tell me who's where.

"Almost everyone is at the tree house. Han, Chewie, Rey, and Kylo stayed behind to repair the Falcons. The reason Vader is here is a mystery and...."

"Probably better left unknown?" I suggest.

"Most likely."

"I wonder if it's about that deal...."

"Wait, what did you do?"

"Long story."

"What did you do?"

"I may or may not have made a deal about him keeping the secret of me being Lydia's daughter by.... Possibly.... Black. Mailing. Him. Maybe?"

"You do realize it is a miracle you haven't been killed yet, right? What did you blackmail him with?"

"Nothing important," I say lying.

"You didn't...." he says guessing.

"Um.... I'm going in the Falon," I say trying to escape.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" I race away from his anger into the Falcon and into the cockpit closing the door behind me as if it could protect me. Yeah, right. I turn and stare and a surprised Han and Chewie who are seated in the pilot and copilot seats respectively. Whoops.

"What are you doing in here?" Han asks.

"Um.... I was.... Um...." Han and Chewie look at each other and I realize that I'm toast. That is until every system in the ship starts blaring alarms and the gages start going crazy. I slip into a seat and start processing the gages as quick as the other two.

"This makes no sense," says Han as both he and Chewie try to fix the problem, their hands flying over the controls. I realize what must be causing it about three seconds before they do, and by then, I'm halfway to the panel in the floor struggling to lift it up enough to slide through. Chewie gets there, lifts it up, and I slide in. My eyes dart around, and I easily find the red device that has embedded itself like a parasite into the ship's main frame. That's bad. Plus Satan made it, I don't want to know what will happen if someone touches it.

"Why on Earth did Lydia put bonds on my powers?" I mumble as I start trying to get the thing off of the ship. It shocks me.

"Out of the way," Han says jumping in and shoving me to the side. "What is that?"