Chapter Six

Chapter Six:

Kagome looked up to see one of the boys she saw earlier that morning- the one hissed a lot as she helped him to the water fountain.

Kaidoh saw the entire thing when he was getting his belongings from his locker. He had heard from Momo, during one of their bickering matches, that the girl from that morning was Eiji's sister. From what he could see, she was a sweet person and was really nice. She was even one of the few girls who weren't scared of him.

The Viper remembered how concerned she look despite she tried her hardest to keep from laughing at his expense when he nearly passed out from drinking Inui's juice. Kaidoh blushed at the image of Kagome smiling at him with her bright blue eyes sparkling.

Catching himself thinking of his team mate's little sister, Kaidoh shook his head before leaving the lockers.

"Thank you." Kagome said, giving him a little bow in thanks.

"fhsuuuu no problem." Kaidoh told her, turning around and headed towards the tennis courts with Kagome fallowing behind him, with a small smile on her face.

Kaidoh was aware that Kagome was just behind him and it made him slightly nervous. For the first time, he thought that Kagome was really cute…

'Like a neko…' he thought with another blush but pushed it down as the tennis court came into view. He soon started to relax when Kagome left his side to take a seat on the bench with Coach Ryuuzaki.

"Hi Ryuzaki-Sensei." Kagome greeted with a smile. She liked Ryuzaki-Sensei, she may be strict at times but she was really nice, and she gave off a Grandmother feeling.

"Hello, Kagome-chan, did you like your first day of school here?" Ryuzaki asked, looking down at the girl by her side.

"Hai, it was fun...well for the most part...the girls here are kind of scary." She gave Ryuzaki a sheepish look when she said some of the girls are scary.

Ryuzaki then smiled in understanding, "Ah, you had a run in with one of your brother's fan girls… they can be overly obsessive when it comes to Eiji because of his personality and nature."

'I'll say…' Kagome thought resisting the urge to rub her back from when she was pushed against the lockers. She was glad that Kaidoh came when he did, since she didn't want to start a fight with the bitch as payback for pushing her.

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching the boys practice while Inui seemed to be jotting down something in his notebook while he kept making glances at her, especially when he was standing next to her. Not able to take it anymore, Kagome asked while trying to keep calm, "What are you doing exactly… Senpai?"

Inui glanced at her again before answering, "Just collecting data on you."

'Well, that was blunt…' Kagome thought before asking again, "And why are you collecting data on me?"

"This morning, you were able to depict what I had put in my Penal Tea when no one else had ever named the ingredients before…"

Kagome blinked, "No one?...well it didn't seem that hard to guess what was in there..." She put her pointer finger on her chin in a thinking manner, "I just said what I thought it tasted like...nothing special." Kagome looked at Inui with her innocent eyes, her head tilted to the side.

Inui stopped writing while he listened to her explanation, and he was surprised. She was very honest, and it seemed like she didn't think she did anything special, while she really did. He wrote that down in his notebook, he knew that this girl was special, and the rest of the regulars would all figure it out as well...eventually.