A Bet With More Than Just Money To Win

It was a normal day at Blake and Gastòn and Matteo were walking in the hallways of the school. They were talking about senior prom. It was getting closer and closer and they both didn't have dated yet. Matteo just broke up with his girlfriend of three years and Gastòn isn't the kind of guy that has serious relationships. Matteo needed to find a way for his best friend to finally have a serious relationship. He came up with an idea.

"Why don't we make a bet for senior prom?" Matteo asked his best friend.

"What kind of bet?" Gastòn asked.

"We both bet to have a date for senior prom but it's got to be a date that we normally wouldn't go for." He hoped that if he did this, his best friend would fall in love because he knew he needed another type of girl that he usually dates.

"Okay, but only if we get to choose each other's dates." Gastòn said with a smirk on his face.

"I agree. 20 bucks if I ask a girl of your choice." Matteo smiled widely.

"Okay." He looked around to find a girl but he couldn't choose one so he said this: "I'll bet you 20 bucks that you won't walk to a random underclassman and ask them to senior prom." He kept the smirk on his face.

"Okay, easy." Matteo said with a smile and he looked around the hallway and spots a girl talking to someone, she was tiny and had brown hair. He immediately noticed. He decided to walk in her direction when her friend left to go to class.

"Hello, my name is Matteo Balsano." He said as she looked up to see who was standing in front of her."

"My name is Luna Valente." They shook each other's hands and after a few moments of silence, she asked: "Is something wrong?"

"My friend bet me 20 bucks that I wouldn't walk up to a random underclassman and ask them to senior prom and I'm about to be 20 dollars richer and, no, that doesn't invalidate the question, you're actually really cute." He said with one of his most charming smiles.

"Well, that's interesting." She looked at him carefully. "You look kind of handsome as well. So yes, I'll go to senior prom with you." She teased him a little.

"Okay, then. I'll pick you up at 7." Matteo was a little surprised by her reaction but he can say now that he is going to have a great time at his prom.

"You know what? Maybe we can surprise your friend even more." She smiled mysteriously.

"What do you have in mind?" He frowned because he had no idea what she was going to do. But he didn't have time to think about it because suddenly her lips were touching his. She was kissing him. At first, he was startled by her sudden move but afterwards he kissed her back softly. He's definitely going to have a lot of fun at his prom.

She was the one to pull away. He still couldn't believe what happened but he didn't exactly hate it. This girl is much better than he imagined.

"So, pick me up at 7?" she simply said.

"Yes, I will." He said, still frozen by what just went down. She was the one to walk away and she went to her class.

Gastòn approached him and said: "Wow, you still got it, man." He said smirking.

Matteo didn't hear what he said because his mind was completely focused on her walking away from him. Gastòn shook his head.

At the night of senior prom, he picked her up at 7 like they agreed to. Ever since that kiss, he couldn't stop thinking about this girl. He had no idea what has gotten into him but he didn't want to let go of all the feeling that she gave him whenever he thought about her.

He was startled by her beauty when she walked out the door of her house.

"You look beautiful, just like me." He said, trying to keep the same blank expression on his face. He didn't want her to know what came over him since their meeting, not just yet.

"You're right." He had hoped that she was talking about him but she wasn't: "I do look beautiful." He loved that she could tease him as much as he teased her.

He led her to the car and they went to the prom together.

It was held in the gym. When they walked in, it was crowded and he noticed that it was a little overwhelming for her and he led her to an empty table.

"Are you okay?" he asked, he was immediately worried.

"I'm fine. It's just that I don't know anyone here except for you."

"Don't worry. I'll stay with you all night." He said with a reassuring smile.

"Thank you." She smiled lightly back at him.

At that moment, a slow song came one and he reached out his hand to invite her to dance.

"Would you like to dance? I can teach you some moves, you know. Dancing is one of my many talents."

"Is bragging about your talents also one of your talents?" she asked with a brighter smile that told him that she enjoyed teasing him as much as he liked it. But she took his hand and he led her to the dancefloor.

She wrapped her hands around his neck and his hands were on her waist. They swirled and slow danced to the rhythm of the song. They both seemingly enjoyed it because they were both smiling from ear to ear.

They also looked into each other's eyes like nothing else in the world mattered except for the two of them.

Matteo decided to take his chance. It was now or never, he thought. He leaned in slowly so that she could pull away if she wanted to but she didn't. She leaned into him as well. Suddenly their lips were touching. It was soft and tender. She was the one who made the kiss deeper and with more passion. Now he can say that he had a lot of fun on his prom and he wouldn't want it any other way.