I feel the panicky feeling again and prop up on my knees, whipping my head from side to side. I call for somebody's help, but no one comes.

When I turn my head back down, I see Alexander's blue eyes staring back at me. I am startled, and jump back a little.

"God, you scared me! I thought you were-"

"I'm fine." He interrupts. "I'm just a little dehydrated I think. I can just get some water and I will be fine."

This doesn't convince me. I still stay crouched beside him. He is propped up on his elbows, one hand resting over mine on his chest.

Neither of us speaks for several moments, he just stares back at me. Normally, people would feel awkward and get up to leave. But I don't. I don't really feel anything. All I can focus on is his eyes and the pounding of his heart against my hand.

Alexander props up his elbow again to where he sits more straight. He sits a little taller than me now, his head close to mine. He looks at my eyes again for a few seconds, and then flutters them away. He begins to move his face closer to mine.

I'm not sure what impulses me, but I do the same. Slowly, our lips touch against each other. It surprises me how soft and warm his are. I feel like I'm floating or something, because I can't really register what's going on. All I focus on is the movement of Alexander's lips against mine, and the warmth of his hand over mine.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" a shrill voice shrieks the air. I open my eyes wide before I even pull away from the kiss. Xander does before I can and looks at someone behind me.

I whip my head around and see Willow, the young girl playing Prim, still wearing her costume from the reaping scene. Her pale face is blushing uncontrollably.

I start to say something, but Alexander begins to softly speak. "No, no it's okay. It's fine. You didn't...do anything bad."

She looks like she's about to cry, as if she made some big mistake. Alexander stands up and crouches beside her. He starts to talk to her, and she still looks like she's going to cry.

I take this as a moment to leave and get Xander some water. Wouldn't want him passing out again.

When I arrive back, the girl looks a little more comfortable. Alexander takes the water bottle and gulps down its contents.

Willow stares back at me with worried eyes, as if she is afraid I will scold her.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to-I didn't know you were-"

"It's fine." I cut her off. I look at my hands. Now that I think about it, it really isn't. "What you saw, well, it wasn't really supposed to happen. It was just kind of...an accident I guess. Just don't tell anyone about that. It was an accident and won't happen again." I reassure her.

She nods her head. "Okay." She says before running off to her trailer.

I was honest when I said that. It was an accident and it wasn't supposed to happen. If people knew that Alexander and I had kissed, there's no telling what would happen. Even if there was nothing romantic between us, which there isn't, news would be everywhere. Plus, it's a pretty big age difference between us. They wouldn't leave that out.

Alexander and I don't talk on our way to our trailers. I see that most of the others have arrived back. Jackie and Dayo and Jack have seemed to make up. Jack is telling some joke to the two of them and Leven and Amandla.

Alexander follows me to my trailer and glares at the group of them, making sure they didn't act suspicious. When I look at Alexander, he stares down at me.

"I'm sorry." he says. "I really didn't mean to. It just kind of-"

"Happened." I cut him off. "It just kind of happened. No worries. My fault too."

"But I really shouldn't have tried that. I mean, I really like you Isabelle, but nothing like that could ever happen between us, you know?" he says. He frowns a little when he says it, but attempts to smile.

"Yeah, I just really want to be friends. Let's just forget about it, and pretend it never happened." I say, though I don't even want to do that.

Now Alexander does frown. "We can pretend it didn't happen all we want, but I'm not going to just forget it."

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"It was an amazing kiss with an amazing girl, and I don't want to just forget things like that." He says. He looks over my shoulder, and I turn to see that Jack is waving him over.

"I have to go. Let's just pretend that it didn't happen, and be friends, but don't forget about it. Okay?" he says.

"Okay." I answer. He smiles and runs off.

I wait until he disappears into his trailer with Jack before I walk into my own. Amandla walks in as well and immediately goes back to her room. I flop on my bed in mine as well.

I try my best to forget the events of today, no matter how much I don't wan to. I want to forget that moment with Xander and go back to being best friends. But I can't deny that indescribable feeling I had when I kissed him.

I groan into my pillow. I feel like I am about to fall asleep when I feel something hit my back.

I'm guessing Amandla has thrown something at me, but that isn't the case at all. I roll over, trying to throw whatever it is off. I shriek in terror when I see the slimy black reptile hit the floor. It begins to slither across the wood floor of the trailer.

I almost pick up my phone and call Woody about their being a snake in the trailer, since he is the official "Set Snake Catcher". I have my phone up to dial, but I see the orange tape bound across the reptile's mouth.

I close the phone and yell Jack's name at the top of my lungs in anger. He got me back.