Ch. 8 Feelings

Terrains POV

    Beruna's river lies straight before us, as well as a large amount of Telmarine workers and soldiers.

    "Steady, steady."

    "Timber!" The workers are cutting down part of the forest to build catapults. We hide behind a pile of freshly fallen logs, observing the action of the Telmarines. Suddenly, I hear horse noises coming from beside us. I, as well as everyone else flattens ourselves so we are not seen, I look through the logs to see uncle Miraz and some of the Lords on the horses. My hand goes to my dagger like lightning. I am about to launch it at his head only to be stopped by Ed.

    "Let go!" I demand, knowing my chance to kill my uncle is almost over.

    "Miraz is a terrible person, I know that. But do you think killing him is the best option?"

    "He is trying to kill Caspian and I, I need to stop him," I say trying to get my hand out of his grip.

    "Will you regret killing him?" Ed asks, me looking right into my eyes.

    "What?" I ask confused by his question.

    "It may seem like what you're doing is right. Let's say you do kill Miraz. Terrain you would be taking a life. Would you regret taking a life, even if it was Miraz?" My whole body feels numb after he said those words. I would be just as bad as Miraz if I took a life. I don't want to be my Uncle. I don't want to be a person who is evil, who kills someone just to make themselves feel better.

    I look down from Edmund's intimidating stare and drop my weapon. A tear escapes from my eye. Ed places his fingers under my chin and raises my head. Once again I am looking into his deep brown, soft eyes. "Yes I would regret it. Even if it was Miraz." He wipes the tears from my face.

    Out of the corner of my eye I see Peter and his sisters as well as Trumpkin, head back into the woods. I pull away from Ed and follow the group. The walk through the woods is quiet. No one is saying anything to one another. Finally we arrive back at the place where Lucy saw Aslan.

    "So where exactly do you think you saw Aslan?" Peter asks.

    Lucy turns to face her eldest brother. "I wish you'd all stop trying to sound like grown-ups. I don't think I saw him, I did see him."

    "I am a grown-up," Trumpkin says.

    "It was right over..." The earth breaks underneath Lucy sending her falling down. We all race towards where she had fallen only to see her standing on a cliff. "... here."

    Peter goes down to where Lucy was first, then helps us down. He helps Trumpkin then Susan then me. As he is helping me down, his hands rest on my hips sending sparks throughout my body. As he places me gently on the ground I look up to see him already looking at me. His bright blue eyes stare into mine. "Thank you, Peter," I say.

    "Anytime." Peter looks as if he is about to say something else. Suddenly Edmund comes down onto the cliff right behind Peter.

    "Is everything alright?" He asks, curiosity plastered on his face.

    "Everythings fine," Peter states and starts to walk down the path. We make it down to where the river is flowing. The rocks that we are walking on are unstable making it very difficult to walk. I look up to see Lucy slip. Luckily Trumpkin catches her frame.

...

Once we cross the river, we make camp for the night. The fire seems to light up the night sky, making the stars look brighter than they already are. I walk towards where Peter is, not wanting to wake up Ed who fell asleep five minutes after the fire was made, or talk to the Queens. I don't know what it is about Susan, we can't seem to get along, and she frightens me. I notice Peter look up to me.

"Terrain come sit and warm yourself by the fire." I sit beside the High King. "How are you holding up?"

"I've been better. Hopefully tomorrow we can find my brother."

"We will find him, I promise," Peter says, grabbing my hand and looking directly into my eyes. It feels strange to not hold Edmund's hand, I miss the feeling. However a small indescribable feeling erupts through me. We sit and talk for what seems like forever. With every story we tell a smile appears on our faces. I can tell that Peter is under a lot of pressure, not only being High King of Narnia, but also from wanting to keep his family safe. People see Peter as nothing but a King, whereas I see him for what he truly is: a young man, struggling to become what others want him to be.

I begin to grow tired. I lay down on the grass, my hand still in Peter's. I look over to Ed one last time before the darkness covers my vision.

Hey guys! I just wanted to say that the video on the top is not a love story between her and Caspian and Peter that's just wrong. I have caffeine in there because she misses her brother. That's why! So I hope you enjoyed reading it and the next chapter will be out soon hopefully. I've had a lot of homework that I've been doing. And I'm just been busy with sports and stuff. So vote and comment please and continue reading bye. 😘