Chapter 18: Help Me

Start from the beginning

Clarence tilted her head to the side, “Do I look like a child of Aphrodite to you?”

Ami groaned, “Help me, Clarence, please! I think I haven’t seen him in camp and I don’t recall seeing him anywhere except that time!”

Clarence sighed, “I can’t do anything about it, Ami. Now can we head to another topic?”

Her best friend rolled her eyes, muttering in Latin, “Morbi filia Dianae. O Clarentiae, non es, cum venit ad fun amet Disputatio.”

“Ami!”

“Alright, well, have you heard of that little girl-oracle, Halliope?”

Clarence froze. Ami can tell she knew something about the girl and she was debating with herself if she should tell Ami. A few seconds later she told Ami, “I had a dream of her last night and the night before that.”

Ami’s brows knitted together, “Why would you dream about her? You don’t even know her.”

Clarence shrugged, “I don’t know…Mrs. Mackie said she’ll be talking to me or whatever.”

She ran a hand through her hair, “Whatever. I have to go, okay?”

Clarence nodded, “Alright. Don’t think too much of your crush!”

Ami giggled and waved her hand in front of the rainbow and it instantly disappeared. She went back to her bed and flopped down on it, lying on her stomach. She closed her eyes and soon, she was drifting to sleep.

The guy, Ami recognized as her crush, sat on the table with a boy with black hair and a scowl on his face. “I know her,” he said, “She’s Amelia Kether, daughter of Jupiter. You’ve seen her before in camp, right Ash?” he turned to black haired boy, who was Ash.

Ami’s heart fluttered when her own crush recognized her. She wasn’t sure if this dream was real or if her mind just made up the whole thing. It just looked so real, as if she was spying on them in…Washington. She felt guilty that she was spying on him. It sounded like she was a stalker or something.

“’Sup guys,” A girl sat in front of them. Ami gasped in her dream when she saw it was none other than Clarence. So Clarence knew her mystery guy!

The two boys looked at her with emotionless faces. Clarence sighed, “I’m sorry for snapping at you guys yesterday. I couldn’t possibly expect you to recognize me because I changed so much, right? Anyway, what are you talking about?”

Ash glared at her, “It still doesn’t explain if you’re a demigod or not.”

“That’s where the mystery ends, Ashton,” Clarence said sternly, “Now that you know I’m Clover, there’s nothing more to hide.”

“Yes there is!”

Clarence looked up from her food and locked eyes with Ami’s guy. She felt a pang of jealousy through her.

“So what were you talking about, Jed?” Clarence asked him. Jed, Ami thought, that’s his name…It’s a hot name.

“That girl I saw at the park,” Jed said, “She was beautiful,” Ami’s stomach did a little flip at that.

Ami heard Clarence say something like, “*cough* lover boy *cough*” Jed playfully glared at her whilst she laughed.

“I doubt she likes you,” Clarence told him.

“She does, too, Clarence! I saw how she looked at me back there! You were there, you saw that too!” Jed protested. Now Ami was confused. Clarence was there at the park?