"Ready as I'll ever be."

He smiled  at me and drove on.

~~~~~

In the list of things I hate, security check is definitely in my top five.

First of all, the workers speak to you in the most dull voices possible. "Ticket and ID please," the man said, holding his hand out to me.

I gave it to him, and he inspected it with one eye open. "Go on," he finally said, handing me my things and waving me away.

"Thank you," I squeaked, scurrying off.

Then you have to stand in that new scanning contraption they use these days, and lift your arms above your head. Makes me feel so uncomfortable. I also have to take my shoes off to make matters worse.

"You look miserable," Andrew said, putting a hand on my back as we waited in line to walk through. "You're not afraid of flying are you?"

"No, I love the flying part," I answered, taking a step forward. "It's the security part that I hate with a burning passion."

"We all do, but it's for our safety," he answered, "You don't want to be stabbed by some psycho do you?"

"Not really."

"Then deal with it."

It was my turn to go through. I stepped onto the platform, and two workers told me to stand shoulder width apart and to lift my arms.

Grudgingly I did as they said, making sure to look as miserable as I felt about it. I heard a wolf whistle come from the right of me; from Andrew.

"Looking good," he said, the corners of his lips slowly lifting up into a smirk.

I blushed bright red and quickly turned away, pointing a certain finger back at him.

"You have a very funny boyfriend," a sweet, elderly lady said to me as I sat down on a bench next to her. "Very handsome, too."

I almost fell off the seat, completely taken aback.

Why would she think I'm dating him?

"What? No. No we're not a couple," I explained hurriedly. "Not happening. Nope nope nope. Just friends."

"That's an awful lot of no's," she said skeptically. "If you're not dating, then why are you going to Rome of all places?

"How'd you know that I'm going to Rome?"

"I can see your ticket."

"Oh," I said, quickly stuffing it in my jeans pocket. "We're going to Rome, because we have a sort of dilemma... a wedding dress dilemma."