Airport

*Dedicated to @PhobeOne for the awesome cover! She's really good at making them, so make sure to check her profile out!

Chapter 10. Airport

"What the hell did you put in here, Angela?" Andrew asked, panting as he heaved my suitcase into the back of his car.

"Only the necessities. Is it too much to handle for your strong, muscular arms?" I asked, smirking.

"As much as I hate to admit it, yes. You girls always pack way too much," he said, "are you sure we're only going to be there for two days?"

"Pretty sure," I answered, holding up the tickets.

"Then why did you pack so much?" he asked confused, finally managing to get the suitcase in the car.

"Because you never know what's going to happen," I said, and this made Andrew even more confused. I explained, "What if some of my clothes got... eaten by a shark?"

"You still are making no sense whatsoever."

"Ok, well that was obviously a terrible example. How about this, what if I spilled something all over my clothes? If I have a whole bunch of other clothes, I don't have to worry about not having anything to wear. I'll have plenty of other options."

"Ok... I guess that's understandable, but that still doesn't explain why this weighs like a hundred pounds. How can anyone have that many clothes in one bag?"

"Because there's other stuff in there too," I said like it was the most obvious thing ever. "I also packed a book and my camera."

"A camera? I thought you were doing the whole 'we don't have time for exploring' thing?"

"Well, it is Italy. I've got to take some photos," I exclaimed, "It would be a crime not to!"

He grinned back at me, "You are such a hypocrite."

"Am not, I just think that since you're making me tour the city I might as well bring it."

"Whatever you say," he said smirking and opening the passenger door for me.

I brushed past him with a laugh, and sat down in the car. He shut the door behind me, and walked around the to his side. He got in the car and sat, not moving, but sitting with his hands on the steering wheel.

I gave him my what the hell are you doing look. "So are you gonna drive or are we just going to sit here and watch our plane fly to Italy without us?" I asked.

"Yeah, sorry. It's just... this is like the beginning of our journey," he said thoughtfully, "are you ready?"

I sighed, taking a moment to think about my answer.