Andrew

Chapter 3. Andrew

The next day I went to work early. I already missed the past two days, because of Mandy's wedding. Who knew that a wedding that wasn't even mine would be taking up so much of my time?

"Angela? Did you send out those files to corporate?" My boss, Ryan, asked me, walking into my small office.

"Yep, all done," I answered, "In fact, they already sent back the report."

I stood up and handed him a stack of files from my desk, tripping on my high heels on the way over. Ryan started laughing at me, and I just glared at him playfully.

"So, how were you few days off?" He asked.

"Oh they were alright. I just had some family friend stuff to deal with. My best friend is getting married, and I'm apparently a big part of the wedding."

"Cool. It's your friend, Mandy who's getting married, right?"

"Yep."

"Hmm she's always been pretty hot."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, that's probably one of the reasons that she's getting married."

"I'm just joking," he chuckled. "Tell her I say congratulations."

"Will do."

"Alright, well get back down to work miss!" He said, slapping my butt forward and leaving the room.

I squealed in surprise. I've seen him do that to other woman in the office. Never me before though. He hits on pretty much every woman here, so it doesn't come as much of a surprise. But I guess I'm his new target.

Great.

 He peeked back around the corner a second later. "Oh and Angela?"

"Yes?"

"Don't you ever be gone for that long again."

Aye aye captain.

"Won't happen again, boss."

~~~~~~~

The clock ticked on by slowly. Each new minute waving a sense of joy over me. I decided to stay a while longer after the usual time work ends to catch up with everything I missed. Ryan was the only other person still here.

Just five more little hand ticks, and I would be out of here.

It's not that I don't love my job; it's just that I like my cozy apartment and Netflix even more. I work for a newspaper company called the Arizona Republic. I take photos for them when needed, and I'm also a part time assistant to Ryan; the manager of this sector of the company.