II

he couldn't sleep. not until she stops crying that is. around 2 am he heard her sobbing stop, and that's when he could sleep. although the feeling to just run to her room and hug her is there, he force his self to sleep.

"good morning." she greeted him, mixing the coffee she made with a tea spoon. she takes the two cups and put them on the table. "here." she pushes one of them to his direction.

this is too normal.

he takes the cup and sip the sweet liquid, everything she made is different. he would recognize it in a snap. it tastes heavenly, its made of love. unlike when he's in alice's.

"do you feel fine now?" she's tempted to feel his temperature, but she shrugs it off, she's nothing to him now. even though he's everything to her.

"yeah, thanks." he muttered.

"i'm gonna head to work, you can go shower. i already prepared your clothes." they were the clothes he left in here. before he went to other girl. "if you're going out make sure you lock the door." she's wearing her sneakers as she said so. fixing her shirt, she stands up.

"sarah," he called out. yearning for her presence.

she halts, not even sparing him a glance. she's afraid that if she looks back she would just stay here with him.

"i know saying sorry won't fix what we had but- i'm sorry. and thank you."

her eyes are watering, yet she manages to hold it. she stays there for a few seconds before walking out, not even saying anything.

his eyes stay trained at her figure, while she walks out. it's too normal. but what does he expect from her anyway? sarah is a definition of kindness and love. she won't throw tantrum, she won't do those kind of things, even after he ruined her.

he stays in her room after that, hugging her pillow and smelling her scent. feeling as if she's here.

~

"brendon's in my apartment." that catch her friends' attention. all of them stop speaking as they stare at her wide eyed. "he found out his girlfriend cheating on him so he move out, but doesn't have a place to stay so he came to me." she lets out a bitter smile while looking down at her plate, playing with the pasta. "and i let him."

"why?" adam asked.

she sighs, "i don't know. i can't just shut the door when he was there in the midnight searching for a place so stay. i'm pathetic, i know, for letting my ex who cheated on me stay in my apartment. but..." she trails off, her friends waiting for her to go on. "i guess i just still love him. even after he left me."

"oh, sarah." daina stand on her feet, leaning over to hug her friend. "it's alright. you know, you're someone i look at to for being so strong, so wise, just..."

"she's right." jess nods in agreement. "don't take him back, sarah. i don't want you to be hurt again. i can't stand that- we all can't stand that."

"thank you guys." she smiles, relieved that her friends are here. she stands up, taking the plastic plate, about to throw it away. but adam catch her wrist, making her halt in steps.

"don't run back to him. when he left you," he flatters. "i hate it. i hate that you were crying over him. i mean, you're sarah. if you're crying because of someone, that someone must be f*ck up."

it's rare for him to say something like that. but when he does, it touched her. she lets out a smile, "he's not f*ck up. i am, for still loving him."