Harvey

As it got closer I realized it had the head of a hawk, a beak, a lion tail, a lion body, light brown fur, and wings. I wondered what to do as it got closer. I was froze in place as it got close to me. It finally got to me when it curled up on my lap and puffed a little puff. This wasn't so bad.
"So are you a girl?"
It shook it's head.
"Ok, so you are a boy, but what about your name?"
I waited for an answer until I realized it wasn't going to suddenly speak.
"What about Jack?"
It looked at me like I had lost my mind.
"That's a no. What about Aiden?"
Once again, he shook his head.
"Fine, what about Harvey?"
For once he actually looked at me and nodded excitedly. I looked outside the cave and it was almost completely dark. I checked the time on my watch and it was a few hours later than it had been. I jumped up and started to leave when Harvey looked at me super sadly.
"I'll come back tomorrow."
Harvey jumped and then ran in circles until he tripped over himself.
"See you then."
I stepped outside and it was really dark. The only things I could see were from the light of the stars. I looked back to see Harvey staring back at me sadly. I turned back and tried to follow the seashells I could barely see. I eventually made it to the sandy beach where I started at. I walked back feeling incomfortable at all the sand filling my sneakers. When I finally got back to my black car I dramatically sat in the front seat to process what I just witnessed. I should be scared, heck I should be happy to be alive at what that creature could have possibly done. Though I didn't feel that all. In fact I felt bad I had to leave. I googled the creature to see or attempt to figure out what it was. I scrolled through the pictures and found what ressembled Harvey. It appeared to be a griffin. A mythical creature from Egypt. But if it was mythical, how did I see it? Maybe I didn't. I probaly hit my head too hard. I will still go back tomorrow just incase.

  When I got home I felt like I was sneaking in, but technicaly I wasn't. I never snuck out, except when I left for school. I tip toed into my room thinking I was in the clear. I slipped into the old bed and under the thin blanket because my room was always cold. I closed my eyes as my bedroom door swung open. My mother burst in.
"Now you are home! Where have you been?"
I sat up in guilt.
"I went down to the beach and got lost."
Technicaly wasn't a lie.
"You could have at least answered my calls."
I glanced over to my phone.
"No service."
She let out a huge sigh.
"You had me really scared."
"I'm sorry, mom."
She turned around and left slamming the door behind her. She was ticked. I couldn't really do anything about it now though. I sat on my bed debaiting on whether or not I should feel guilty. Sadly, I didn't. I got up to turn the lightht off and crept to the warmth of the single blanket on my bed. I tried to close my eyes, but they popped back open. I couldn't help but think about that little griffin. He was all alone. I turned to my side and listened to the sound of thousands of raindrops pounding on the thin ceiling. I thought a little more when, TAP. TAP. TAP. I sat up realizing that the tapping wasn't rain. It sounded a bit like glass. I looked at my window expecting a tree limb or at most a creep. Though that's not what I saw at all. In fact I saw Harvey out in the rain tapping his beak on the clear glass trying to get my attention.