chapter five | luke

Start from the beginning

"I'm Charlie." The guys spoke to Luke, he did a small nod.

"Luke."

"Nice to see you again, Luke." Immediately, Luke wiped his head around. The burnette sat on the edge seat with an angered expression and her arms draped over he chest tightly. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail and she wore a grey v-neck with a pair of black skinny jeans. Her jaw was clenched and her body was stiff. Her eyes only focused on Luke. As if she didn't want to pay attention to anyone else.

"Sophie." Luke nodded towards her, turning his head back around.

"You two know each other?" Della spoke up awkwardly, Luke turned towards her. "Don't worry about it."

****

When they arrived at a place called Jackson's BBQ, they all hopped out of the car, flying towards the front, as for Luke, he lagged behind, as well did Sophie, right next to him. And every time Luke would speed up, so would Sophie.

"God, what do you want Sophie?" Luke whined.

"You back." She informed, looking at him hopefully.

"We dated for four weeks, Sophie. You can't possibly like me that much and besides, you ended things by throwing water on me. Look, you were my first girlfriend here, but that's it. I have someone else on my mind and -"

Sophie scuffed. "It's Charlotte, isn't it?" Luke was shocked. How did she even know her name?

"How do you know her name?.." He asked uneasily.

"We went to high school together. She acts as if she doesn't know any of us, so we do the same to her. She's a real bitch, honestly." Luke grew stiff and darted his eyes at Sophie.

"She is not a bitch. If anyone is a bitch, it's you." Luke spat and stormed away from Sophie, his fist clenched. He didn't understand why he was so defensive over a girl he had just met, but he couldn't help it. There was something about Charlotte that consumed him. He didn't know the real her, he didn't know what she was hiding from the world. Hell, he didn't even know her last name, but he was sure as hell falling for her. And he had just met her. He hated what she was doing to him, and she didn't even know it. That's why she needs to be just a hook-up. Just to get in her pants, then leave. He was falling for her too fast, and once he got her falling, he didn't exactly plan on catching. He would let her fall into his trap, then leave her there. It sounded cruel, but he had done it before.The girls always are broken for a little while, then they eventually move on. He stalks their Facebook profiles seeing that there was already someone new. To himself, he thought of it as a favor, making the girls stronger.

Music from the loud live entertainment blared in his ears. The man singing on stage looked about in his forties and he sighed, sliding into the booth next to some girl who he learned was named Ava.

"God she's everywhere." He heard Della groan towards Aiden. He cocked his eyebrow, and looked over at Della.

"Who?"

"Charlotte Caverly. The performers daughter. She's over there in the both next to us on the other side of the room, smiling, wrapped up in some dudes arms with pastel hair."

Luke's eyes immediately fell onto Lottie and he smirked devilishly. "Excuse me for a moment." Getting up, Luke walked over to Lottie.

"Caverly." He smirked, resting his elbows on the table. "Charlotte Caverly." He repeated, smirking at the annoyed girl.

"What do you want now, Luke?" She sighed, rubbing her temples. Her friends were exchanging weird glances. All expect Andy, of course.

"What? I can't say hi?" Luke held his hand onto his chest as if he were offended. He watched Lottie roll her emerald green eyes that made his heart stop.

"Just go hang out with Della." He watched as her long finger traced the rim of her glass.

"Hello, Charlotte." The man from the stage came towards Lottie, smiling at her.

"Hey dad." She smiled.

"And I see an unfamiliar face. And who exactly would you be?" Her dad looked at Luke. He politely smiled, shaking her fathers hand.

"I'm Luke." He smiled. "I'm a friend of Charlotte's."

He smirked as Lottie buried her head in her hands.

"Well, welcome to the 'group'" Her dad chuckled and Luke faked a smile.

"I sure hope I'll be staying."

******

an:

hiiiiiiiiii. :D

did you like it? i really hope so!

please do not forget to comment, read, & vote!

ily all too much.

lots of love,

xx - m.