Sandor Clegane X Reader (1/2)

Beginne am Anfang

You splashed a hand out of the lovely water, bringing his attention back to you. "Come and join me!" You shouted to him.

He laughed, almost shocked at the proposal, "fuck off, I'm not getting in there."

You pushed your bottom lip out. "Pleeease?"

He snorted, and turned around, looking for a nice place to sit and watch you.

Truthfully, he would have loved to join you, but if he was in the water, and his sword remained on the banks, he could not protect you like he should. He was your protector, he had appointed himself only a few days into your journey together.

You were a strong and capable lady, but you would never be as strong as a man... You but half the size of one. He was a man, though... a strong one. He could protect you, and keep you safe. Maybe you wouldn't ever need him to protect you, but he swore that he would always be there... Just incase.

"Sandor," you whined. "Please come in with me."

You wanted him to join you, to relax for a little while. He went out of his way to care for you. He would stay up all night on watch, he would put himself in harms way for you, he would always see that you were cared for above all else... That is why you loved him.

He closed his eyes, smiled and shook his head. He could never say no to you.

You were so happy when he shrugged off his armour, and various items of clothing. He laid his sword down, close to the river's edge, incase he were to need it.

Left only in his tatty underwear, he waded into the water, towards you.

You swam over to meet him. You were as nimble as a fish in the water.

You did just have to take a moment to appreciate him... He was a fine specimen of a man.

You never really took the time to admire men, you didn't really see what all the fuss was about... Sandor was the exception to that rule though. Ever since you first laid eyes on him, you thought he was the most handsome man in all of the Seven Kingdoms, and even the world.

As he approached you in the water, you clung onto him, arms around his neck. He could stand up, where it was just a little too deep for you.

He wrapped his arms around your waist, wading even deeper into the water.

You held onto him, as tight as you could. It wasn't that often you got to have moments like this with him. He was always on the watch,ypu were always in danger. You could be riding down the roads in the day, or camping, in the dead of night, in the open, almost an invitation for unsavoury characters to approach.

Now, you were off the beaten path, in a place nobody would really have any business going. It was private, and relatively safe.

You enjoyed sharing moments like this with him, where you could both let your guard down, and really enjoy eachothers company for a while.

Of course, there were always small intimacies, such as an exchanged smile, the touching of hands and quick, exchanged kisses... But it was rare you ever got any real time together.

The last time was when the two of you had stumbled across a beautiful inn, and rented a bed to rest your weary bones. You loved being able to get into bed, and not worry about bandits or thieves, or the King's Men. You could crawl under the pelts and wrap yourself around your already sleeping companion. You had the most wonderful, relaxed sleep, comforted by his arms.

You had missed that.

He was still holding you against him, just gazing at you, as though you were the most precious thing in the world.

"I have missed this," you whispered, resting your forehead against his.

He kissed your head. "As have I, but it won't be long now... Only a moon or so."

"We'll be safe, together."

That together was important to you.

He kissed your forehead once more. "I can't wait."

The two of you splashed around for a little while longer before hitting the road again, hoping to find a nice place to settle for the evening.

Eventually, you came across a huge, fallen oak tree, that would provide a wonderful shelter for the night.

You tied the horses on a long line, to graze for the evening, whilst Sandor set about creating a cover to the fallen tree, to lean up against it, so that nobody would be able to see you. Out of sight, out of harm.

As you drifted off to sleep, squirreled into his chest, he thought long and hard about your journey past, and the journey to come.

You met when you escaped the Brotherhood Without Banners, who'd seen fit to take you their prisoner for no reason whatsoever. Your Father's men went home, not even bothering to attempt to rescue you.

Since your father had moved on, tending to matters in the North, his men had not seen you as a fit leader. They'd never respected you.

You escaped around the same time Sandor did, as his trial was going on. It caused enough of a distractuon for you to slip away. You ran and mounted your horse, slipping away into the night.

You got a serious fright when a gruff voice called out to you as you had stopped to allow Tilly a drink.

"They've noticed you're gone." He stated, glancing back to look for lights.

Your heart raced, you weren't going back.

"We'd better get a move on," was all he said.

You'd been together ever since, he grew fonder of you every day.

You had no gold to offer, for the Brotherhood had taken it, you could only offer a bed to sleep in, and whatever gold was left at the fort when you returned.

At first, he accompanied you because he had nothing else to do. You were both headed the same way, though he planned to leave you soon after, go his own way... Though, he never did. Many times he had passed on the opportunity to do so, but he just couldn't, and wouldn't.

He felt protective of you, he felt a responsibility, almost a service to you. Most of all, he was absolutely taken by you, he looked up to you and admired you... Your courage, your resourcefulness and your resilience were things that he thought were incredible.

You were kidnapped, abandoned by your own men and left with nothing... And yet you picked yourself up and dusted yourself off, remaining rather positive about everything.

You made him smile, and laugh. You would sing a lot on your journeys, which he would despise, if it were anyone but you. He loved to hear you. You had a beautiful voice, and a beautiful face. He thought you were the most amazing person in all of the lands.

He practically worshipped the ground that you walked on. He vowed that he would see that you were returned home, safely. Although, part of him wanted to break his own vows... He hated the uncertainty of it all. Would you want him to stay, or would it be the end of your journey together, forever?

He stroked your hair gently, counting himself lucky to have been allowed any time with you at all, the Gods had been so kind.

He knew how deeply he cared for you, however, he seriously underestimated how deeply you cared for him.

You would never let him go.

You didn't want to rule your fort and lands alone... There was a place in your halls, your bed and your heart reserved especially for Sandor Clegane.

You could not wait to take him home, where you would be safe together... You would be able to focus a little more on just the two of you, rather than all the dangers of an open road, bandits and mercenaries.

You would be able to spend time together. You could kiss him, and hug him without worrying of anyanyo criminals taking advantage of a couple distracted... You could share a bed, privately, behind locked doors.

You could finally bathe and take your armour off when you slept. You could finally begin to have a proper relationship, and you just could not wait.