2:56 AM

I saw the sign that read Palm Springs in 53 miles and I smirked. Corey chuckled from the passenger seat and it startled me. I didnt know he was still up. Everyone else was knocked out in the backseat. After all the happy birthday songs they passed out.

"You must be really happy about this weekend." He whispered to me.

"I mean...You only turn 30 once and besides Palm Springs is our mecca. The first time Aladdin brought us here it was my first year I moved with them. Its a place where we as gay men can be free. Nobody looking crazy at us or giving us side-eyes like last week at TGI." I explained.

"I understand. I am black you know. I get looks in malls, every damn where actually. And about turning 30...its no different than 29." Corey said. I laughed, "Boy Bye!! You never turned 30 in Palm Springs. And did you pack underwear?"  I stared over at him and he laughed, "A packed just one pair. Commando is much better for the girls to see what they are about to be sitting on."

"You do know you are going to be approached by many men if you are wearing no underwear. Then what?" I questioned. He exhaled, "In that case. I might have to purchase some at the gift shop." We both laughed and he said, "Hey, I wanna ask you something." He stared in the back and it was as if he was making sure they was sleep.

"Something happened awhile back and I kind of brushed it off. But just putting it out there if you was to get aroused by something you had never been aroused by is there cause for any concern." He said vaguely as I switched lanes. I tried to understand and I replied, "Sometimes its just a hiccup. Its like when you watch porn while you are horny and the literally 5 seconds after cumming--you be like disgusted."

"Oh My God..that happens to gay guys too?" He asked shockingly. I nudged him and said,"Yes all gay guys arent horny freaks like the media like to put out there. But did that help with your arousal problem?"

"I guess so. Thanks, Roommate." He said and I rolled my eyes and replied, "No problem." My heart was racing for some reason. I stared over at him as he leaned on the pillow and went back into his phone.

"Welcome to our Pent House suite. It has 4 rooms and every room has a nice balcony. Also, you are an elite member of the resort so every room comes with 20 condoms, lube, and enemas--"

Kaiden asked, "Excuse me-" He read the nametag and said, "Yao, those condoms are they Magnums because I only fucks with mandingos." Oakes covered his mouth and laughed, "He is joking. Sorry for his blunt attitude. We got it from here. Go on about your early morning." Yao walked out the room and I stated, "I have the master suite. The minor master suite can go to the happy couple--" Oakes shot me a look and I chuckled.

"Kaiden and Corey can get the regular rooms. Now I dont know about yall but lets take a shot...and get some sleep because Im starting my day in 5 hours."  I told them as we rushed into the kitchen and I went into the cabinet and grabbed the bottle of Patron. Gordon yelled, "THESE SHOT GLASSES ARE IN THE SHAPE OF DICKS!"

"The only dick im allowing towards these lips. Tip me off." Corey said making us all laugh as I popped the top off and poured the shots and they all screamed Happy Birthday to me. I felt so freaking love. My birthdays have always been the most important holiday to me growing up. I always felt close to my mom that way. She celebrated my 7th birthday from her death bed and risking her life just to sing happy birthday not hooked to 1000 lines. So this day makes me feel her and I aint gonna waste it.