Ch. 16: The Hint Box

Chapter 16

            A few days later, it was time for Alex to go on her two weeks trip vacation with Chris.  The boys were inside doing sound check as Alex was on Kevin and Danielle’s tour bus packing her bag for the two weeks that she would be gone.

            “I wish that you didn’t have to go,” Danielle told Alex sitting on her bed loving Riley while Alex used their bed for packing her bag on.

            “I know, but how else am I suppose to get to know Chris more when I’m touring and he’s doing movies.  This is the best time for us now to spend together before his next movie deal,” Alex smiled.

            “I’m really glad that you and Chris are hitting it off great.  Do you think he’s the one?”

            Alex thought about it, “I think so.”

            Dani squealed excitedly, “I knew it.  I just hope that when you come back, there is an engagement on that hand.”

            Alex laughed looking at her left hand with her brother/sister ring, “I don’t think so.  Not yet anyways.  Maybe later, a year or two.”

            “Don’t wait to long.  Denise and Paul didn’t.”

            “I know that they got married six months later.”

            Dani thought about it, “What kind of wedding do you want?” she asked with smiles.

            Alex looked at her, “What?”

            “I got to have my dream wedding.  What about yours?”

            Alex finished packing, closed up her suitcase, and closed her eyes.  “It’s not to small, it’s not to big.  All of our close friends and family are there.  I want blue and purple for the colors.  The groomsmen would have their ties match the bridesmaid’s dresses.  My husband and his groomsmen would wear a white rose to go with my white rose bouquet.  The bridesmaid’s flower would be a mix of purple and blue flowers; their dresses would be different blue and purple…  my dress is white and prefect…” Alex spaced.

            “Alex?” Dani asked.

            Alex blinked and looked at Dani, “Oh sorry.”

            “Are you okay?”

            Alex smiled, “Yea.  I just thought of something that I should have at the wedding, if I ever do get married, and Chris approves it.”

            “What?” Dani asked.

            “Not yet.  I don’t want to say anything as of yet.  Chris might never ask me.”

            Dani nodded.

            Alex looked at her bag.  “I guess I’m ready to leave.”

            “When do you leave?”

            “Early in the morning.  Mom and dad told me to go ahead and pack and they’ll get me a hotel room tonight and then I leave in the morning as they move onto their next tour stop.”

            Dani nodded, “You know who is going to miss you.”

            Alex nodded and reached up to hold her necklace, and looked at her ring.  “I’m going to miss them too.”  She looks to see Riley walked over and climbed onto of Alex’s suitcase and wagging her tail that her whole body was moving, that Alex picks her up.  “I know that I’m going to miss you little girl.”